All reviews room was clean four winds casino nice lady not hesitate to stay here again wooded view microwave and fridge off the highway free breakfast lobby area check in was quick hot tub holiday inn michigan city up to date indoor pool shuttle scent
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Easy access off the highway.Clean rooms,good free breakfast with clean, quiet pool area with hot tub. Great for relaxing. Friendly staff.Close to Four Winds Casino and downtown New Buffalo. What more can you ask for.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Great location when going to Four Winds Casino. Hotel looks and smells clean when you enter. Very friendly staff, room was clean. Breakfast was not the greatest for Comfort Inn, but is edible. Will stay again

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018

The staff was very nice and friendly. The hotel was located right off the highway, not many choice to eat around the area. Best bet to eat is to go to four winds. The hotel was super clean, nice and up to date. The bathroom was clean. Would recommend anyone to stay here. It’s a budget hotel but the room doesn’t have a budget feel.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised when we entered this hotel. The exterior is very plain and not particularly inviting. However, once inside, the lobby is very nice. The staff was helpful and the rooms were modern with comfortable bedding. The breakfast was typical of the chain hotel morning fare. We were there for a girls' weekend, and the location is close to the casino, the beach (beware-parking is $12.00!!) and outlet shopping in Michigan City.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Between a career in sales and a lot of vacations, I've stayed at thousands of hotels throughout the world. Starla, the desk clerk on duty when we arrived, was the rudest hotel employee I have ever encountered. I guess we started off on the wrong foot by interrupting her smoke break. When we drove up there were 2 people outside smoking. I had no idea whether either of them worked at the hotel. When I went in, there was no-one at the desk, but a door was open to the office. There was a bell on the desk, which I assumed was there to call someone to the desk. I tapped it ONCE -- one "ding". A minute or so later, Starla appears and rudely says "You COULD have waited!" I decided she must be having a bad day, so I ignored the comment and politely told her that I had a reservation and needed to check in. She asked for my name & then said, "You don't have a reservation here!" So, I went back to the car & got my phone, with the confirmation number. When I gave it to her, she said,"NO, you don't have a reservation." Considering that the parking lot was empty and I saw no other people in the hotel, I think there were plenty of rooms available, but she didn't offer a "let me see what I can do" or anything similar. When I asked if she could call someone & check on it, she very begrudgingly did so.
The head office DID have a reservation and we then checked in. Luckily, we didn't have to deal with Starla again. There was a "hiring" sign outside of the hotel, so maybe they are having trouble finding qualified help. But, if I were in charge of the hotel, Starla would be fired immediately.
In contrast, Sienna, the young woman who was working the following morning, was extremely pleasant to us and to everyone else we observed.
The room was comfortable, breakfast was fine & the hotel is in a good location for what we needed. But I wouldn't recommend it to friends as long as Starla works there.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple