“Perfect ”

Ranked #9 of 53 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Redamak's " The Tradition Continues!!" July 15 , 2018 marks the Maroney Family's 44th year in business. Please note that the original owners George and Gladys Redamak started the tavern back in 1946! Our Specialty "The Hamburger that made New Buffalo, Michigan Famous!!" Freshly Cut , ground and pattied in our Kitchen 7 days a week. Featuring our Famous Working Person's Special Monday thru Friday along with daily menu features. Serving bottle and draft craft,domestic and imported beers. As well as a fine selection of wine and liquor. Shakes , smoothies, and Coke products round out our beverage selection. So without further ado, Come On Bite into a Legend!!
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on the way back from Chicago. Excellent service, waitress was one of the best I’ve ever had. Cheeseburger was perfect. Fries were delicious. We got a garden combo appetizer w fried green beans, zucchini, cauliflower and mushrooms. Loved it all. Will be back.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 7, 2019

I have been going to Redamak's seriously since I was born. My family is originally from New Buffalo. My mom waitressed here when I was very young and at one time we lived right across the street from here.
Our visit today was our second time for the 2019 season and it didn't disappoint. The burgers were excellent, fries with cheese hit the spot and our service was attentive and speedy. Since we've been going for so long, we kind of know the "right" times to go and when to stay away to avoid long wait times. With this is in mind, Redamak's delivers above and beyond our expectations every time we visit.

Pros:
• You have to get a cheeseburger or the "Velveeta burger" and the Velveeta cheese is really what makes it so amazing.
• Prices are very reasonable
• The environment is very relaxed
• Service and food is great and always consistent
• Family friendly, it's generally pretty loud in there which makes it great to go with young kids so when they might throw a fit the noise pretty much blends in!
• Their drinks are very reasonably priced and delicious

Cons:
• It's strictly seasonal
• Cash only
• We try to avoid during peak tourist season
• If you think you are going there for a later lunch thinking you will miss the lunch crowd in the summer on the weekend, you are doing it wrong. The Chicago crowd is already an hour behind so if you think going there around 1:30 will be good, nope you are hitting high traffic for those vacationers.
• If you are looking to go there to hang out for drinks this is not the place. I think they actually might limit your drinks to a certain number. I get it, though. It's not a bar or a "bar and grill", they have good burgers and want to get you in and out.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019

We were passing through the area and remembered that my in-laws and their friends would come to eat here. Redamak's did not did not disappoint. The burgers are everything that we were told they would be, DELICIOUS! If we are every passing though, we would eat here again. In fact, we may just find a way to go back regardless..

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

Our 1st visit of the year. We decided to head out there for their weekday special which includes fries with your burgers. I am also glad they added the option of lettuce and tomato to the burgers. Our server was right on it today. The food was delicious and was not to busy. We will be back again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2019

We get to Redamak's at least once a year. The burgers were still pretty good and still a little too pricey. I was really hungry and had the big double cheeseburger. It was too much. I felt like I was going to get the meat sweats. I do love their fried cauliflower. My daughter has become a cheeseburger fan and loved her small one. My daughter's friend (almost daughter #2) had chicken strips and fries. She liked it.

All in all, service was really good, the food was good and a bit overpriced and the place was packed as usual. If nothing else, the place is consistent.