“Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger'”

Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Redamak's " The Tradition Continues!!" July 15 , 2017 marks the Maroney Family's 42nd year in business. Please note that the original owners George and Gladys Redamak started the tavern back in 1946! Our Specialty "The Hamburger that made New Buffalo, Michigan Famous!!" Freshly Cut , ground and pattied in our Kitchen 7 days a week. Featuring our Famous Working Person's Special Monday thru Friday along with daily menu features. Simple-Local-Fresh, utilizing locally grown Michigan products. Serving bottle and draft craft,domestic and imported beers. As well as a fine selection of wine and liquor. Shakes , smoothies, and Coke products round out our beverage selection. So without further ado, Come On Bite into a Legend!!
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

We haven't been in the area in over 20 year and wanted to get back. We had a party of 10 people adults and kids. Most of us ordered the cheeseburgers and shakes. We were advised to just go with the Velveta Cheese and we weren't disapointed. I had grilled onions and mushrooms. I also ordered a tripled, to be honest I should have gotten the double. The place was hopping for a Monday lunch crowd. Don't be put off by a full parking lot. The staff got us seated all at one table and handled our orders very quickly. I will be back next time we are in the area. PS: my mother was a little disapointed they no longer serve Coke in the glass bottle like they used to

Reviewed July 13, 2013

this rstaurant is great and beyond. not only are the burgers good but try the veggie burger with onion lettuce tomato pickle,and mustard and see if that changes your mind about veggie food!!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I wouldn't say it totally lived up to the hype, but it was a good "greasy spoon" type place. Decent burgers, great cheese fries. We were expecting a massive wait...got right in around 630 on a Saturday night. Bring your cash-no credit cards accepted!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hand-formed burgers are good & juicy. But with all the gourmet burger places now, Redamak's has not really changed over the years and so is just average now. It is just what you expect a burger place to be. The sweet potato fries are good... the mini-apple dumplings are sweet and tasty!
If you are in the mood for a burger... this is the place. It serves up the same kind of burgers and cheeseburgers it has for years. The kind mom used to make with her own hands and some good ground meat.
GREAT PLACE for families and to gather with friends.
Gourmet? No. But when you want a burger... you want a burger! In New Buffalo... this is the place.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I'm giving this five stars based on my numerous experiences of eating the hamburgers and cheeseburgers here. This particular visit would have rated only three stars, based on the service and the crowd. It is my own fault for choosing to go during the lunch rush on the Saturday of July 4 weekend. The server was rushing us to turn the table over, and a booth behind us with the unsupervised children of indulgent parents made the experience almost intolerable.

Anyway, the breaded and fried appetizers were all good. When it comes to breaded fried items, it all comes down to how well the restaurant selects the products from the purveyor. Redamak's is successful in purchasing decent product. On the desert, the chocolate cheescake shake tasted goo, it was mostly dominated by Hershey's syrup. Which is a good thing, The fried apples in cinnamon was a hit at our table.

The star of the show here, of course, is the burger. I get mine with the Velveeta, the ladies got theirs with cheddar, and my friend got the hamburger. I enjoy this burger so much because the sum of all the ingredients makes for a taste sensation that provides the eater with the quintessential American hamburger. It is a hand-formed patty, thick enough to taste the meat while taking a bite yet not so big that all you taste is the meat. The bun is soft, but durable enough to hold a juicy burger with ketchup and mustard without getting soggy. "Everything" is ketchup, mustard, sliced raw onion, and dill pickle. Perfect for me. The Velveeta, is a nice gooey texture that provides the burger with a nice tang that marries perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.

I can see where some people may be looking for some kind of unique flavor, like angus beef or a pretzel roll. That isn't what Redamak's is about. It is about a good typical American burger, nothing more and nothing less. My expectations for a perfect burger have always been met.