“Is it hype?”

Redamak's Tavern
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Redamak's " The Tradition Continues!!" July 15 , 2015 marks the Maroney Family's 40th year in business. Please note that the original owners George and Gladys Redamak started the tavern back in 1946! Our Specialty "The Hamburger that made New Buffalo, Michigan Famous!!" Freshly Cut , ground and pattied in our Kitchen 7 days a week. Featuring our Famous Working Person's Special Monday thru Friday along with daily menu features. Simple-Local-Fresh, utilizing locally grown Michigan products. Serving bottle and draft craft,domestic and imported beers. As well as a fine selection of wine and liquor. Shakes , smoothies, and Coke products round out our beverage selection. So without further ado, Come On Bite into a Legend!!
Dearborn, MI
“Is it hype?”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sure, it is talked up. It is a very good burger. It is worth stopping in for. Fries are fries, I had waffle and my friend had regular. They are not worth the price on the menu. All around, it is more expensive than stopping for typical fast food but way, way better. (going for the working mans special, not offered on week-end when I went, would put this place equal with fast food pricing, thus a much better value) As far as the best burger, it rates up there with some of the best. But in that category, they fall near the bottom. The bottom of the best, beats all of the rest!

• Visited March 2013

Long Beach, Indiana
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Might have been opening weekend rough spots that need somoothing out but our visit was a disappointment. Redamak's opens March 1 and we usually dine there on opening day or soon thereafter. This year we went with a group March 3.

The fries were as good as ever. We always ask for "crispy" fries and they are great. Too bad it was downhill from there.

Service was extremely SLOW. Had it been the middle of July it would have been understandable as the place is mobbed in the summer. There was no wait to be seated. Our server made sure the drinks were replenished but the kitchen didn't seem to have its act together.

Stones and arrows my way; I didn't have a burger. I'll have a few during the season. Instead I had my "go to" pulled pork sandwich on a non-burger visit. The taste was okay but it was barely warm (some parts were cold) and the bun was either a thawed holdover from last year or had been sitting out since opening day. Either way it was dry and proceeded to disintegrate with the first bite. As I neared the end of the sandwich it had become a mish mash that I ate with a fork.

Like I said, maybe early season rough spots. I hope when we try Redamak's again it will be better.

Also, the Working Person's Special might be a thing of the past. It wasn't on the menu and our server didn't mention it when asked about various combinations.

• Visited March 2013
Naperville, Illinois
“fantastic burgers”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Although the burgers might seem kind of on the smaller side, they're definitely worth a try. The restaurant usually has a line out the door but the wait is never that bad, in my opinion. We usually go during the worker-mans special when burger and fries are just $5 for the whole thing. I think the special is from 12-4pm or something like that

Visited August 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“A New Buffalo Classic”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Classic American food. Nothing like a great burger, fries, & shake from Redamaks. It's tradition for us. Enjoy!

Visited May 2012
Osceola, Indiana
“Fantastic lunch or dinner stop after a day at the beach”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

So you have spent the day at the beach and you smell like suntan lotion? No problem. Just ask for a seat in the patio deck area. Order a cheeseburger with everything, onion petals with ranch, apple cresents with honey, and a cherry coke. Enjoy and say thank you tripadvisor for yet another great find.