“Very Good, But There Are Rules . . .”
Review of Redamak's Tavern

Redamak's Tavern
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Redamak's " The Tradition Continues!!" July 15 , 2017 marks the Maroney Family's 42nd year in business. Please note that the original owners George and Gladys Redamak started the tavern back in 1946! Our Specialty "The Hamburger that made New Buffalo, Michigan Famous!!" Freshly Cut , ground and pattied in our Kitchen 7 days a week. Featuring our Famous Working Person's Special Monday thru Friday along with daily menu features. Simple-Local-Fresh, utilizing locally grown Michigan products. Serving bottle and draft craft,domestic and imported beers. As well as a fine selection of wine and liquor. Shakes , smoothies, and Coke products round out our beverage selection. So without further ado, Come On Bite into a Legend!!
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife grew up in the general area, so on a recent trip we stopped at Redamak’s which is to her, like many area folk, a cherished memory of childhood. I had a more agnostic view and I think a lot of people are in love with being in love with Redamak's.

My first impression is that if you want the privilege of eating there, you need to get with their program pretty quick. As we entered, a few different signs admonished us: NO Credit Cards! NO outside food or drinks! The whole “we have rules and if you don’t like it go elsewhere” thing typically rubs me the wrong way.

Naturally, we had burgers because that is what the place is known for – supposedly “legendary.” I’ve eaten burgers all over the country and while Redamak’s was pretty good, it was not the stuff of which legends are made. I had a double-cheeseburger with everything. It was a pretty big burger, griddle cooked, with quality meat. It wasn’t particularly tasty, but I made quick work of it anyway.

Service was good and pretty friendly. Pricing wasn’t too bad. We went there for lunch and my double-cheeseburger with fries was $6.50. A draft beer was $3.50. With a couple appetizers and a few beers, three adults and two kids got out of there for about $50 plus tip. Kid meals were generous.

Redamak’s tries to retain the “hole in the wall” feel -- no plates, everything served on paper. But somehow I got the feeling it was contrived, sort of playing on the “brand” and likely not owned by the people who started the place. I had last been to Redmaka's in the mid-1990s and the facility is probably three times larger now than it was back then.

Anyway, it’s worth a stop for sure. I am real persnickety about burgers, but I’d be happy to go back. Check it out and see for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

No trip to New Buffalo is completre with a Redamak's burger. The place is always slammed, but service is fast,friendly and yummy. They have a small game room for kids which helps break the wait time up, visit the antique store next store to buy some time too.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

They are well known for their burgers, and they never disappoint. I went with friends this summer and hadn't been there for awhile. It was just as delicious as I had remembered. They have also expanded to accommodate more people.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Redamaks closes at the end of October and reopens on March 1st, so get your hamurger and shake NOW. They have raspberry and cherry shakes along with the usual 3 kinds. Burgers can be served with the BIG onion or grilled onions. Prices are good for families. Taste is the best quality. It is always busy in the summer, so plan on waiting in line.

1  Thank BECKY6067
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and my mom chose to drive into Michigan from Chicago to enjoy a meal at a restaurant we had heard abour for years after a day of beach combing. We were seated right away and greeted. We ordered our drinks and studied the menu as this was our first time there. My husband, son,and myself chose the cheeseburger and fries since that it what the rave is all about there. My mom ordered lake perch. My mom loved the perch and she ordered a salad and fries as her two sides. The salad was large but just lettuce and a tomato with pre-packaged dressing. She had more salad than fish and fries combined. The perch is priced modestly because you hardly get anything for the money. The burgers we ordered were average. I am not a man of greasy food and felt like a greasepit when done eating. The fries were good. You do get free refills on soft drinks/ oce tea which is nice though. I think we will continue to patronize the Stray Dog or Bentwood Tavern on our excursions. We love to eat a good meal. This place needs some modifiations if they wish to drum up more business.

1  Thank Dawn P