“Skip this place”

Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Redamak's " The Tradition Continues!!" July 15 , 2015 marks the Maroney Family's 40th year in business. Please note that the original owners George and Gladys Redamak started the tavern back in 1946! Our Specialty "The Hamburger that made New Buffalo, Michigan Famous!!" Freshly Cut , ground and pattied in our Kitchen 7 days a week. Featuring our Famous Working Person's Special Monday thru Friday along with daily menu features. Simple-Local-Fresh, utilizing locally grown Michigan products. Serving bottle and draft craft,domestic and imported beers. As well as a fine selection of wine and liquor. Shakes , smoothies, and Coke products round out our beverage selection. So without further ado, Come On Bite into a Legend!!
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skip this place”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our hotels host told us that this was THE place to eat in New Buffalo. She said that people make the trip just to eat there. We were terribly disappointed. I expected GREAT burgers that were worth the wait. Our wait was 45 minutes. I have had better food at Culvers. The burgers were dry the service was fair at best. The cost was reasonable, but the quality of the food was poor.

• Visited July 2012

chadds ford pa
“when in rome......no New Buffalo”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

never had heard of it - fun spot to visit, family dynasty burger place with quick turn over, cash only, burgers good , busy busy busy.

Visited August 2012
Portage, Indiana
“Cheesewiz burgers!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ordered a cheeseburger and fries in this vacation/harbor town popular spot. Burger and cheese was all gooey and soggy. Cheese looked like melted cheesewiz. Waitress said it was Velveeta. French fries has no taste. Any fast food place has better burgers.

2 Thank tmnolan1
ft wayne
“1st time visitor”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Took family of 4. Food was average. Service excellent. Had hear dof place and lots of adds locally, but did not live upo to our expectations. we had burgers (2) veggie burger and wings. wings-small. Average experince overall.

Illinois
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I just read the website (http://www.redamaks.com/) that said they have been in business for 37 years. Well, I am 31 and my family has been coming here every summer my entire life just about, and I can honestly say that the food has been consistently great for my whole life! The double hamburger with a basket of french fries is my favorite, my wife usually orders a wrap or chicken sandwich, but she loves the burgers too. My little sister gets the grilled cheese, which she tells me is also great. My parents are burger fans as well!

Great place, fun atmosphere, they have two game rooms for kids (and adults too!) and a recently renovated porch, which is now a sort of three seasons room. We ate out here only once years ago when it was screened in, and came back this year to find that the porch was renovated and has large windows, so cooler on hot evenings! Sat out here and really enjoyed our time! I think they could double the size of the whole place and still pack it every night during the summer!

Cash only, but ATM on site....one suggestion: get there at odd times! The regular lunch and dinner hours are usually busy, but if we get there at say 4:30-4:45 and get seated, there isnt much of a wait. I read another review that said go before 4 for lunch pricing, so we will have to do that next year! Oh, and next year will be the first year our baby will be there, so carrying the tradition on to another generation!

Try Oink's ice cream up the road (US 12) for dessert! And remember, if you are coming from Chicago or Northern Indiana, New Buffalo is in the Eastern Time Zone, so they are an hour ahead of Chgo/Indiana time! Just a helpful hint, as we drive from STL to meet up with my parents in Long Beach/Michigan City for vacation! Enjoy!!