“Glad I did it... once.”

Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Redamak's " The Tradition Continues!!" July 15 , 2015 marks the Maroney Family's 40th year in business. Please note that the original owners George and Gladys Redamak started the tavern back in 1946! Our Specialty "The Hamburger that made New Buffalo, Michigan Famous!!" Freshly Cut , ground and pattied in our Kitchen 7 days a week. Featuring our Famous Working Person's Special Monday thru Friday along with daily menu features. Simple-Local-Fresh, utilizing locally grown Michigan products. Serving bottle and draft craft,domestic and imported beers. As well as a fine selection of wine and liquor. Shakes , smoothies, and Coke products round out our beverage selection. So without further ado, Come On Bite into a Legend!!
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Glad I did it... once.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is a really busy restaurant that many consider a must-do. There were a ton of customers when we went for Saturday lunch, so that must be why the staff don't bother to smile or be super helpful. It's definitely taken for granted that the place is always busy.

The burgers were delicious and the best part of our visit. Seasoned curly fries or loaded waffle fries are the way to go. Skip the regular and sweet potato fries. Do realize that the burgers are $5 and up and don't come with anything, so you'll probably spend $8-10 for just burger and fries.

I'm glad we went once to try it out, but I wouldn't go back.

illinois
“Not bad...”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Hype is a word I see in many reviews of this place. Hype is also the word I will use in my review. Their burgers are supposed to be "legendary". They grind their own fresh beef, etc etc. So, we got burgers. I got a double bacon cheeseburger. It was a good sized burger, and it tasted good, but not great. I also got the Red's chips (with some kind of sauce and bacon). The chips were something between crunchy and soft. The sauce tasted like it came out of the nacho cheese dispenser at the gas station. The bacon bits almost certainly came out of a jar of Bacos or something. I ate more of my wife's regular fries than these chips.

If the price were just a tad lower, and the wait not so long, I would eat there again and just stick with regular burger and fries.

• Visited October 2011
Northwest Indiana
“We only go for atmosphere and convenience.”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We make it to Redamak's about one or two times a year just because it is on the way to our lake cottage. It has an old-time atmosphere, meaning that they really haven't changed much since they opened except adding a dining porch and video game area. Even though some of my family likes their food, I find it a "coronary waiting to happen". It is basically a hamburger and fries joint with some different options on the menu that are still usually fried or not your healthiest choices. I prefer Five Guys or even Wendy's to their burgers but they do give you options like mushrooms, different cheese and fried onions to dress it up. There is always a wait on the weekends but believe me, it isn't because they have the best food. It is just an experience that some people enjoy.

• Visited June 2011
Zionsville, Indiana
“Way overhyped. Won't return.”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Almost left as soon as we were handed the menus and saw that they don't take credit or debit cards....say what?! Then, we read they don't serve tomatoes or lettuce on the burgers...wth? Decided to stay anyway and see what all the hype was about. Won't return. Burgers were okay but quite greasy, and not served on plates. Fries were "ehh". The topper was that there were only TWO stalls in a tiny bathroom for a place that easily should have had MANY more. No hook to hang a purse on either. Atmosphere is okay and we didn't have to wait as nearly as long as we were told, but we'll not return.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank zeemoores
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Going home from a week in the woods, I stopped for a what I hoped would be a delicious burger. What a disappointment. The restaurant is crowded and the atmosphere is good but the actual burger was tasteless. Actually any chain burger joint would be at least as good. I noted that the menu stated they would not cook burgers rare or medium rare so the overcooked, dry thing I ate is standard.

• Visited August 2011