“Good”

Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds
Reserve with OpenTable
Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The only Hard Rock Cafe in Southwest Michigan is now open! The 12,000 sq. ft. Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds is located adjacent the gaming floor and spans two levels with seating for 275 and a performance stage. The new Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds has a unique, high energy atmosphere and features rock n’ roll memorabilia from its unmatched collection. Hard Rock’s menu offers an array of classic American food such as burgers and a large selection of sandwiches and salads. Stop by the Rock Shop® for t-shirts and collectible pins. You can proudly show your support for a cause or simply sport a cool vintage design. The Rock Shop® offers fine quality t-shirts in hot styles designed by cool artists. Want more than just a rock t-shirt? Truly dedicated Hard Rock fans can collect pins that display their rock personalities.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went there before a concert at the Casino and they had a limited menu for the evening. Upon getting there we were told an hour wait but if we could find something at the bar we could eat there. We got lucky and a spot opened up about 10 minutes later. I had the mac and cheese which was fantastic and my boyfriend had the legendary burger. Both were delicious. My drink was nice and stiff which was great for the price. I would go back again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am an avid Hard Rock collector, and made the journey to Four Winds solely to visit this Hard Rock Cafe location. (Location #31) Overall I had a mixed experience. First the pluses- The cafe itself is pretty awesome. Its a nice 2 story cafe, with a stage (and a HR logo with city name, the best photo op there is for HR visits! EVERY CAFE should have this somewhere in the cafe!! jmo!) The bar area is very well done, with the guitar wall and love all serve all, as well as big screens about the bar that "dance" to the beat of the music playing. There is a second bar location upstairs as well. The entrance is great with a giant guitar neck hanging overhead that changes colors (though it was only green while we were there) and a nice brick facade with Hard Rock Cafe logos.

The food was good as well, My girlfriend and I both love the Twisted Mac n' Cheese. We had a couple of shots (a little on the pricey side, even for a HRC) and some special green drink for St. Patty's day that was very good (also pricey though)

The service was not very good. Drinks took a while, and our waitress literally brought me five diff. bills before she finally got it right! Then I signed the reciept and she had to chase me down becuase she had never even swiped my credit card! Just paying the bill and getting everything straightened out took almost 30 minutes. (this was no acceptable in my opinion, as I mentioned I have been to 30 other HRC locations and have never experienced anything quite like this, getting my bill correct should not be that hard with a POS terminal keeping track no less!)

Also while I was in the Rock Shop buying LOTS of HR merchandise (and STILL WAITING on the server to get my bill correct!!) The girl working in the rock shop got all bent out of shape that my girlfriend used the mirror on the wall to fix her eyeliner. I dont really understand what the hell she was talking about, or why she cared that she used the mirror for a minute, but it was very strange and again just left a bad taste in my mouth. Customer service is clearly NOT a priority at this HR location. Love All, Serve All indeed!

One other note on the Rock Shop, city shot glasses were $11, instead of the standard $9 like every other US location, not a deal breaker but just thought I would point it out for you collectors out there.

They also had a band playing that was just ok. They were playing Irish music since it was the day before St. Patty's Day, but it was not an Irish band. They tried, but most of what they played just didnt get the crowd excited and was pretty dull.

Since it was dark and busy during our visit we went back the next morning to get some good pictures of the location for my collection that we couldnt get the night before. The location is located inside the casino which is of course open 24 hours. The Cafe opens at 11. At my previous visits to Biloxi, and Tampa, and Hollywood, FL I was always allowed into the cafe area while the staff were setting up for lunch before opening (this makes getting great pictures much easier with less people!) THe security guy here was having NONE OF IT! I asked him if I could take a few pictures and barked at me and told me to come back at 11. Not the typical response I have recieved at the other casino locations! The Tampa staff was VERY VERY welcoming and took LOTS of pictures for me. That was going above and beyond, this guy, not so much!!!

All that said I did decide to wait around since I will not likely ever return to this location, at least not in the plans to. And when the cafe opened at 11 the restraunt manager was very helpful and welcoming! (The security guy was a casino employee, not a HR employee as far as I could tell, but he still represented the brand poorly!!) THe manager even turned some of the stage lights on and off so I could get better pictures, and opened up the blinds behind the logo, which is a huge bay wind to the outside, very cool! This manager going out of his way for us was the ONLY THING that stops me from giving this location a very poor rating for the other customer service failures, he should be commended for his efforts, and he should really train our server, and the girl working in the rock shop to do the same!!

One other note, I noticed in several other reviews complaints about the 6% "resort fee" Yes this fee is charged, but it really is not a big deal at all, since there is not "sales tax" charged. This is just the sales tax essentially, and at only 6% is really less than the % you pay in sales tax in the majority of the country. def not worth getting bent out of shape over.

So while I enjoy HRCs and will always visit new locations around the world, I doubt that I will ever return to this particular location, the sevice was just not up to the standard I have experienced in my numerous other visits. Hopefully the manager there will read this and work on training the staff a little better!

Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback on this experience. We take our guests concerns seriously and would appeciate the opportunity to discuss this with you. Can you please send us an email with the best way to reach out to you to social@fourwindscasino.com?

Thank you!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I walked up to the hostess stand around 2:30pm last saturday (03-16-13) expecting to be put on a waiting list. Much to our surprise the hostess greeted us right away and led us to a table. The bar was 3/4 full and the dinning room was about 1/2 full of patrons. Our waitress (Gina) came right up to the table and took our drink orders. Upon returning with the drinks we ordered an appetizer of Brushetta ($9.95) and our main dish was one order of the Chicken/Beef combination fajitas ($18.95)hoping that it would be enough to feed both of us. The Brushetta came with five pieces which was just enough to quench our appetites before the main course came. My wife (she's 100% italian) and I both agreed that the Brushetta was absolutely the best we have ever had anywhere. The fajitas came on a very hot plate with plenty of chicken and beef in a excellent sauce mixed in with red peppers, green peppers and grill onions. The quality of the food was outstanding (even though the prices seem to be a bit on the high side) and the service we received was very good . There is also a 6% charge added on to the bill listed as a "resort fee". My only problem was that I asked the Gina if one of the six tv's in the dinning room could be changed to the big ten basketball tournament game and originally she said she would have the bartender do it but then later came back and stated he could not change the station. I know Hard Rock is a music themed restaurant but it just seemed a little senseless to have all six tv's tuned into the music channel especially when you have the college basketball tourney games on. I will definitely come back to Hard Rock in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My daughter and I went in to have dinner. The restaurant was not busy, maybe 8 customers in there. I ordered nachos, my daughter had chicken wings. The wings were so hot with spice she sent them back and got smoked wings. They were too heavy with smoke flavoring, over cooked and dried out. The nachos were fair.
We were seated immediately and from the time we ordered, had dinner and paid the check it was over two hours in there. When the waitress brought the check I gave her my credit card and that in itself took 15 minutes.
Lousy food, service, waitresses and cooks. We will not reurn.

Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hi Sue,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. We would like to reach out to you to discuss this. Can you email your contact information to social@fourwindscasino.com? Thank you!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at casino, Hard Rock was the natural choice for dining. We have eaten here several times, the food is consistantly good. The service can be "hit or miss". The 1st night, we waited 10-15 minutes to be seated even though there were less than 20 people in the restaurant. The food and service were good. The 2nd evening, Thurs. Feb. 14th, we were told wait would be 30-45 minutes. We decided to eat at the bar, no wait. The bartender was fantastic, in spite of the fact she was working the entire bar by herself & it was starting to get very busy. Finally management ? took note of the situation and someone else appeared to help her out. Most people were chosing the bar instead of the long wait for tables. I noted one staff person setting tables in the bar area and as she walked by, with a handful of napkins, I asked her for one as the barmaid was swamped and my nachoes were dripping everywhere. She actually had the nerve to tell me "you will have to ask your waitress for one". The napkins were not pre-rolled with silverware, so she wouldn't have had to do anything but hand over one napkin. I thought that was pretty rude and if they had not been so busy, I would have asked for a manager to report her. So much for teamwork! Will go again next time we stay at the casino, not for the service, but because we have had good food and the menu is varied enough to not get bored with any one dish.

Thank you for your feedback on this. We have forwarded it to management to discuss with the staff. If you would like someone to contact you about this experience, please send an email with your contact information to social@fourwindscasino.com. Thank you!