“quick get-away”

Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Clean rooms with decent breakfast. Location was excellent. Near casino, right off highway and yet only 3 minutes to town/beach. we had family of four in two suites. Price was too high for space but we traveled at high use time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo

Reviewed August 11, 2012

A co-worker and I stayed here for two nights while visiting customers in nearby Michigan City. My room with a king bed was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Probably had the most comfortable pillows I have used in awhile. Only negative was the large number of families with small children that stayed at the hotel the week we were there. Not an ideal place to stay during the summer months for a business traveler unless you don't mind the crowds or some noise. I though the hotel was a little overpriced as compared to other HI Express hotels. There are a number of good restaurants in New Buffalo that are very close-by.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed in a King Suite. Very clean, nice room. Staff was nice. Price was good. Breakfast bar helpful for us slow risers except its over at 9:30. I think that's just so you don't show up at 10:30 and stay til 11:30. We never were rushed out. Pool was decent. Looked at a few other places we were thinking of staying and they looked a bit run down. The Harbor Grand looked very nice but too pricey for just sleeping there. Bed, pillows comfortable and clean. All in all very satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator. Book a King Suite, nice to have fridge and microwave. Third...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was In town to stand up in my best friend's wedding. We stayed at a different hotel Friday night and were not happy so we called Friday afternoon to switch to the holiday inn express. We were quoted a price of 129.95 over the phone for Saturday night which was the same rate as our current hotel. The next day I was busy getting ready for the wedding so my mom checked in for me. I didnt tell her what the rate was because I didn't think it would be an issue. Upon checkout, I noticed we were charged $50 more than what we were quoted on the phone on Friday afternoon. I spoke to the desk attendant about this and she didn't seem to care or think it was a problem that we were told a different price and gave me the manager's card. The manager had the same attitude. My advice is do not make phone reservations and make sure to get everything in writing because the staff seems to think there is no way they would make a mistake. Should have stayed at the other hotel!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amlynarski
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Amlynarski,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights recently. The hotel was very clean, and the staff was helpful. I thinks it's a bit pricey, but that is probably due to being in the New Buffalo area.

They accommodate pets for an additional $25.00 per night, which was helpful. Only major criticism it that there is virtually no isolation of noise from the hallway. If there are a lot of guests on the floor, you will hear plenty of slamming doors and people talking in the hallway. We didn't use the internet, so I can't comment on the speed.

Room Tip: Stay towards the end of the hall, which might be a little quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott S
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Expensive for location and quality of the rooms. Staff was unhelpful and unfriendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DWRDDR
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Just off I-94. 5 minutes to the beach.(20 mins to Warren Dunes)- Full HOT breakfast. Friendly staff. A+

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#3 of 16 in Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph

Been to Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo? Share your experiences!