“Very Good Italian in SW Michigan”
Review of Terrace Room

Terrace Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrace Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oselka Drive
Transit: New Buffalo's Amtrak station is just steps away.
Description: Enjoy rustic Italian cuisine with a waterfront view. Handmade pastas and regional dishes inspired by the season are complemented by a carefully curated wine list and an intimate fireside setting. When weather allows, the outdoor terrace is one of Harbor Country's most beautiful dining spots.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I ate at the Terrace Room for dinner during a recent stay in New Buffalo. We found the meal to be pretty good, with the homemade pastas being the true standouts.

First, securing a reservation at the Terrace Room is relatively easy since you can book on OpenTable (a rarity for New Buffalo-based restaurants). This is particularly convenient for people vacationing from out of town, like we were.

Located in the lower level of the mostly drab Harbor Grand hotel, the best place to sit at the Terrace Room is the lovely terrace that faces on to New Buffalo's marina on Lake Michigan (perfect for sunsets).

I started with an off-menu cocktail; my wife with a glass of wine. We enjoyed both. To eat, I had the beef carpaccio to and a homemade tagliatelle with brown butter and simple, local ingredients. Both items were very good. As noted before, the pasta was a true hit.

Our service was above-average. Our main issue was the area near the fire pit. Now, don't get me wrong - I couldn't wait for the fire pit (or, I should say, I couldn't wait to make smores at the fire pit). But just as we were getting ready to move from our table to the fire pit screening area, a group of already-drunk fishermen sat down and proceeded to loudly discuss a few topics in a pretty overly racist way. We ended our dinner thereafter without dessert.

3  Thank Hendrik W

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Recently we ate at the restaurant and found it to be good. The dinner was enough and the staff helpful and willing to please. The prices are on the higher side, but again we were in the marina area that in season draws large amounts of people from the Chicagoland area. I had spaghetti and meatballs, which was plenty. My wife ordered chicken cacciatore which she said was cooked perfect, although she remarked that it would have been better served on a pasta. All in all we would go back, but during boating season a reservation would be a must.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We thought everything was reasonably priced. We ordered three anti pastas to share, scampi al for no ( shrimp were huge), tomato basil bruschetta, and antipasto for two. Everything was well prepared and service was good.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice, convenient but pricey, small restaurant, only 2stools at bar, nice fireplace, great patio in summer,nice view of marina

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Terrace Room has a really nice cozy, romantic feel to it, with a huge stone fireplace. The service was excellent, very attentive. And the food was delicious. I had the ravioli, and my husband had eggplant parmesan. In the winter, one of the featured desserts is s'mores, which you get to make yourself at the firepit on their patio.

1  Thank ManUnitedFan16