“Better than That!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited El Rancho for a late dinner with family over the Memorial Day weekend. Earlier reviews created some trepidation but forged ahead and decided to give El Rancho a try. Pleasantly surprised with excellent service and tortilla chips. Salsa was mediocre. My shrimp soft shell tacos were flavorful. My wife tried the Carne Asada. The skirt steak was tender and there was plenty of food. If your in the mood for good Mexican food in Harbor Country, don’t pass EL Rancho Grande by.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

May family and I used to come to this restaurant for many years. We went there today, and.....something has changed. Now I would not recommend this place to anyone. I ordered Bowie's garlic chicken. There were a few deep fried chicken wings and pieces of chicken meat. The meat was really dry. I was not able to cut it with a knife. It looked like a chicken meat left on a countertop for a week. And most likely that's what happened. Wings were deep fried, and all was mixed with some kind or red paste. The waitress told me that "the disch is all chicken wings, even though the pieces of died meat were at least twice as large. My wife ordered Menudo soup which smelled like excrements. My daughter asked for a shredded cheese, and she got a table spoon for only $2.95.
What make me wander is how this restaurant can serve such a very poor quality food.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Went on cinco De mayo and had an 8 pm reservation. We were seated at 845 pm and ordered by 915. They ran out of Chips and our waitress avoided us. At 10 15 we still had not received our meal with no explanation. We got up and left at that time and the cook's yellled at us on our way out! We were so disappointed in our experience. The drinks were good but over priced and the way we were treated were disgusted.

1  Thank mmasc13
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Have ate at this place several times. We have always had a good meal. Our waitress which we had all the time has left. The new wait staff is not the same. Dont get me wrong they are good but not as good. All their dishes are worth trying. The complimentary homemade chips and salsa is very good. I most likely will be back again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

We shared the fajitas this time and it was good. In all of our visits it has always been good. Big menu and pleasant service.