“Very good”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great location. Room was fine. Good breakfast selections. Helpful staff. Shuttle to Four Winds. Close to town. I thought they are a little too proud of their rate, but I don't know all the reasons they charge what they do.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello Jan,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your thoughts. It sounds like you took advantage of our free shuttle to the Four Winds and enjoyed our breakfast. Please let me know if there was anything else we could have done better; although it sounds like you enjoyed you stay. Come see us again.

Erik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is where we normally stay while exploring the southwestern shoreline of Lake Michigan. It's a clean hotel and seems new even though it's technically not that new anymore. A month before our stay, my husband reserved 3 rooms for our extended-family's vacation and the week before our stay phoned to ask if the rooms could be near one another. When we arrived at the 4:00 p.m. check-in, there was an approximate 20-minute delay in one of the rooms being ready (apparently due to another group leaving late) however, for our wait, the courteous manager offered to add many points to my husband's Marriott rewards card, which they did. We ended up with the rooms being located nearby in the same hallway and we were satisfied with that. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated as I remembered, however smaller than I remembered. Also, we had planned on storing our leftover picnic items in the hotel room refrigerators that every hotel we've ever stayed in has, however this hotel doesn't seem to have those or at least not in the rooms we received. That would be a good addition to all rooms! My brother-in-law noted that there aren't many channels available on the television network, no movie channels for instance, and the internet/free Wi-fi was sluggish at best. Still, the free breakfasts were enjoyed. The first morning's hostess (on Monday, July 14) was by far the better of the two mornings. She was fantastic in fact! Very personable and attentive to detail and she even brought activity books over to the three younger members of our party. The second morning's attendant (on Tuesday, July 15) wasn't nearly as good and there were some delays in replacing the hot food trays which did not happen the previous morning. Still.... any negatives about this hotel are minor as mentioned and the staff overall is awesome! Also, there's something to be said for a hotel that is clean like this one - the bathrooms for instance, are charming with the subway tile work in the bath/shower combos and on the floor, and again - they were spotless like the rooms. I'm not sure if this will be our first choice next time we're in the area, only because of the lack of room fridges though because we are typically there to picnic at Warren Dunes on one of the days and have a need to refrigerate the leftovers until we travel home.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms that we were in had a fair bit of noise from above, despite the very high ceil...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Luckyone2002
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Your response is very detailed and very helpful. Thank you for your loyalty in staying with us as you mentioned. Thank you for the many positives about providing you with a clean and friendly hotel. I want to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with several other areas of your stay.
I agree that having refrigerators in all of our rooms would be an added benefit to your stay. I will also review your comments with both of our Breakfast Attendants as well, there should not be any difference and I will use this as a training tool.
Please contact me when you plan on visiting the area again; I will upgrade you to a Suite at no additional cost.

Thank you for your business.

Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We often stay at Courtyard or Residence Inn properties, but I don't recall staying in a Fairfield Inn and Suites in the past few years. We knew the hotel was at exit 1 in MI and that there was not a lot around the hotel, however we discovered that it's only 1 mile into town and New Buffalo is filled with great places to eat and shop.
We were in town for only one night and we were very pleased with our room. Our particular room included a small sitting area with a couch, desk and TV and the hotel was quiet, although busy. Our bed was comfortable and the hotel was clean and appeared fairly new. All of the staff was friendly and professional and although the breakfast was the standard free breakfast of cereals, waffles, eggs, and bagels, it was well maintained and it was a convenient, free start to the day. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and for the price, it was a great value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts. It sounds like you had a great stay and that you had time to enjoy New Buffalo. I appreciate your comments about our hotel and that we were able to take care of you while you were here. We hope to see you again.

Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed there in celebration of a family birthday near by. Very clean and comfortable. The better hotel in the area for the price. Staff was friendly and quick no issues to really speak of. The breakfast person Val is a real drill sergeant and excites very easily and quickly but held it together with a crowd. House keeping needs a few tweaks, like attention to detail at time was a uh hum moment but not an issue. Things like; get rid of the old towels, first night there you could see through the smaller older towels left. Make sure you leave shampoo and conditioner instead of two conditioners. The bed was perfect and the room was quiet even though close to I94. Free wifi worked and was appreciated. The refrigerator has a button that needs to be pushed every two hours to keep it working. Card keys failed to work the first two nights but after that was good to go. Like I said it was a good stay and just small issues of no great significance.

Room Tip: Get a room above the second floor and facing the parking lot. I had the king suite and it has more t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daveandgloria
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your comments. First, I am glad to hear you had a good stay. Second, thank you for pointing out some items that sometimes get forgotten. Your feedback is very important as I plan on reviewing all of your points with my staff. Thank you for your input again, and we hope to see you next time your in the area.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a new hotel at a totally nondescript exit off of I-94. It's at the end of a short road with one other hotel, and then the road just ends, and you have a field. It's not picturesque at all, just unremarkable. The building seems brand new, which is nice. My room was actually small for a suburban hotel, but perfectly fine. The heating/cooling system didn't have a setting to keep the fan on constantly, so it turned on and off at night, but it wasn't too loud. The bed was comfortable enough, but by no means luxurious. Breakfast was mediocre even among hotels with free breakfast; I would put it a notch below most Hampton Inns.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank shirleyotis
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations while staying with us. I do appreciate you choosing us as there are many other options in the area. After reviewing your comments I see that there were several items you were disappointed with. If you could contact me I would love to speak to you and hopefully have the opportunity to take care of you next time you are in the area.

Thank you for your time.

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I came down for a weekend get away and really enjoyed our stay at your hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The young lady at the check in desk was very nice and we took her suggestion for dinner at the Stray Dog and had a great time. The hotel was very clean and the room was very nice and comfortable. I used the pool and the jacuzzi. We all had a very good breakfast and the lady in charge of the breakfast area was very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We selected this hotel because it was right in the center of several things to do and it was the perfect location.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and had easy access to everything. It was quiet and comfortable as well...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Faye H
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello Faye,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. It sounds like you had a great time in New Buffalo and we were able to give you a clean and comfortable home away from home. I see you had some time to relax in our indoor pool and hot tub as well as enjoying our free breakfast. The Stray Dog is a great place, especially the roof top deck. We hope to see you again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Was supposed to stay at comfort inn but because of the rudeness of the staff I decided to go to the Fairfield Inn! Eric the manager greeted us with open arms! Told him about the rude people at comfort inn and he accommodated us! Very clean greatrooms great rate can't say enough great things about this place!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mike K
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the nice comments. I remember your situation and the experience you went through. I am glad that we were able to take care of you while you were in town and give you the service that you deserved. We hope to see you again.

Much appreciated.

Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!