“Barely warm water, manager didn't really care....”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Barely warm water, manager didn't really care....”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for one night. Fourth floor room. Good size rooms, comfortable beds, clean. However, the water in the bath (at 6:30am) was barely warm enough to take a shower. Upon checkout, told the manager Eric about this. We were very nice about it. He really didn't seem to care.....Just about blew us off....Likely won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with hot water.....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. First let me offer you my sincere apology, we pride ourselves in taking care of our guests to the highest level and to hear this means that we did not do that. I am sorry that you did not have enough hot water and that your stay was not up to your expectations. I hope that the next time you are in the area you give us another chance.

Thank You.

Erik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Plymouth
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was looking for a nice hotel in the Michigan City/New Buffalo area for our anniversary as we planned to visit the two area casinos. I am so happy that I picked Fairfield Inn and Suites in New Buffalo. As soon as we arrived we were greeted very warmly at the front desk. Our room was beautiful, clean and modern. We had gotten a whirlpool tub to celebrate the special occasion and it was a very big, comfortable tub for two. We had lots of pillows and a very comfortable bed. On top of everything else they had a very nice, full breakfast the next morning until 10:00 with the usual cereal, bagels and fruit, but also scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and waffles! We usually just take the edge off with hotel complimentary breakfasts...but this filled us up for hours! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It was the perfect place to stay for our anniversary and I have no doubt we will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Their whirlpool suites are wonderful for special occasions
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the nice comments and for choosing our hotel for your special occasion! It's an honor that we gave you the experience that you had hoped for your anniversary weekend. Our Jacuzzi rooms are a great choice for a get-a-way and I am happy that your room met your expectations. It sounds like our free hot and cold breakfast was an added plus also.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Racine
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stay here a few times a year when traveling. Passing thru this area I am never disappointed with a stay here. Clean. Comfortable. And quiet. Breakfast was hot and tasty. Hard to beat this place for its class.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank willy1959
Hello,

Thank you for your response.!
I am glad that we provided you with a clean and comfortable place to stay while traveling in the area. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast as well. We hope to see you again.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Booked this hotel because of its proximity to Four Winds Casino where I was going for a concert. It is VERY clean and comfortable. Price was exceptional, just $120 for a Saturday night. I arrived at the same time as a number of other guests, but the staff did a great job of getting everyone greeted and checked-in in a timely manner. Highly recommend this hotel. The hotel is very close to the Interstate, but you would never know it because it was nice and quiet. I have stayed in many hotels and this meets my standards for comfort, cost, and cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hi Lori,

Thank you for the kind words!
When a guest states that we provided a clean and friendly hotel...then we are doing our job. Very much appreciated and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed some local dining.
Hope to see you again.

Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I loved this hotel! The décor was just great, reminded me of a summer cottage. Pretty decent breakfast and the whole place was clean, clean, clean! People working the desk were very nice and had a comprehensive list of places to eat which was very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hi Kathy,

Thank you for your feedback!
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with a clean and friendly home away from home.
Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel is very modern and clean and super close to Four Winds Casino. We booked it with our Marriott card and got the best possible rate. The breakfast in the morning is an above average continental with bacon, eggs, and sausage and biscuits. I would recommend this Fairfield for sure.

• Stayed March 2014
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. Our goal is to provide each guest with great service and a clean room, I am glad that we met your expectations. Thank you for your recomendation and we hope to see you again.

Lake in the Hills, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much! Great location right off the highway, and about a mile from the Four Winds Casino. Was only supposed to stay for one night in a king room (booked on Priceline for a really low rate using the "name your own price" option). Room was clean and suited our needs just fine. We enjoyed the breakfast service, and found the food tasty and liked that their were options for some hot food versus the standard "continental" breakfasts that come free with other hotels. Also, really like that there was always hot coffee and tea in the lobby. We had decided after the first night that since bad weather was coming in that maybe we should stay an extra night instead of driving home in a snow storm. I approached who I am guessing was the manager at the front desk and asked him if he would honor the Priceline price I got online for the second nights stay. Not only did he honor the price, he even upgraded us to a HUGE king Jacuzzi room! It was fantastic since we had been snowmobiling all day and the Jacuzzi felt great on sore muscles. We will be back to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay. It is great to hear that you took advantage of and enjoyed our free breakfast. I am glad that we had the opportunity to upgrade you to a Jacuzzi Room! Thanks for staying and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Buffalo
Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa
#4 of 16 in Michigan City
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!