“Cozy place but get a table, not a booth.”

Jimmy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #31 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
“Cozy place but get a table, not a booth.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food was very good but a little expensive. There are a lot of fish choices on the menu. The interior is cozy with dark paneling, starlight in the ceiling, and water features. The wooden seats for the booth were very hard and uncomfortable...get a table instead.

Visited November 2013

Georgetown, Illinois
“Started off bad.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were recommended Jimmy's from our hotel along with Casey's down the road. Casey's didn't look as good so we chose Jimmy's. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer they came and looked great but when we bit into them they were so cold like the just came out of the fridge. They replaced them but gave us less. For the meal I had there full rack of ribs with mashed potatoes. The ribs were really good. Not the best but good. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were microwaved. My girlfriend ordered the crab cakes. Which was told came with three but actually only two. But that was a good thing because when she ate into them they tasted like some type of house hold cleaner. I tasted them and they were terrible I had to spit them out. We hardly ever send food back but these were so terrible that we didn't want anyone else ordering them and getting sick. They replaced them with a half rack of ribs for her. They did take off the mushrooms and crab cakes from our bill and didn't charge for her ribs. The chef brought us two pieces of cheesecake which was the best I have ever had. Our meal with just my ribs and 4 beers that we had was $38 $50 with tip. The bartender who was our server did start out as a jerk but ended up be really good and making things right. Would I recommend this place? No probably not. I would try the caseys down the street next time.

• Visited November 2013
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express there in New Buffalo and had gotten 10% off coupons to eat here. The food was just fantastic. Nice atmosphere and decor in the restaurant. Some menu items a little high priced but the quality of the food was excellent.

Visited October 2013
Troy, Michigan
“"Your Better than Average Restaurant"”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Sat at the bar and enjoyed a cocktail, salad and scallops appetizer. Not the best dinner I ever had - but pretty close! A little expensive - but well worth it if you like good food. Service was excellent. Would definitely return on my next trip through New Buffalo.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was recomended by the hotel we were staying at. We both had salad and soup and were very pleased. The Southwest Chicken Salad had a nice little kick to it. My wife had the BBQ Chicken Salad and it was excellent. Not spicy at all. I had the chili and I love good chili and this was. My wife had the Lobster Bisque and she enjoyed it. The service was good and we enjoyed the atmosphere.

Visited September 2013