“Good Dinners”

Jimmy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #31 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Good Dinners”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to Jimmy's with some friends. All four of us thought the dinners were good but nothing out of the ordinary. We started with a house salad (extra not included as part of the meal). I had the lake perch and my wife had the chicken with blackberry merlot sauce. The entrees were good bit the mashed potatoes could've been a bit warmer. If half stars were available, I would have rated it 3 1/2

Visited August 2013

North Canton, OH
“Poor Salad”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went here on the recomendation of our motel and it was only about 1/2 mile down the road.
I ordered a plain salad as theirs all come with Blue Cheese.
She brought a square plate, lettace in the center, and cut tiny tomatoes on 2 ends.
NO other vegatables!
It also had Blue Cheese!!
I again told her no blue cheese!

She then brought back the plate of lettace and tomatoes.
I was disappointed in the salad as I would call this a plate of lettace.
Also, taking the blue cheese off, they did not reduce the price!

I tried 2 dressings, their house citrus vinegarette which tasted like grass, and the honey mustard which was like straight De'jon Mustard! VERY HOT!

My husband's Blue cheese burger and fries was good!

• Visited August 2013
Portage, Indiana
“GOOD MEAL BEFORE HITTING THE FOUR WINDS CASINO”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I have been to Jimmy's twice since we decided to take a chance on it after driving past it a few times on the way to the Four Winds Casino. We used to go to Hannah's in New Buffalo until they closed! Jimmy's has a nice atmosphere, it is clean and the servers are friendly and efficient. I particularly enjoyed the Italian Roast Beef sandwich; it was one of the best I ever had and I tried the "Best Ever Ribs" on the second visit and found them to be good but not the "Best Ever". The BBQ sauce was unique; it had a little bite to it so beware if your taste is heat sensitive! My wife agreed that the Beef sandwich was superb and also enjoyed the Crab cakes that come with special sauces. The Flaming Saganaki cheese also seems very popular!

• Visited June 2013
Park Ridge, Illinois
“EXCELLENT FOOD GREAT SERVICE”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed this dining experience! Very nice staff and beautiful decor. The crab appetizer was nicely presented and tasted great. You could tell the ingredients were fresh and care was taken. Great selection of martinis and generous serving of drinks. Dinner was delicious I had a cheeseburger cooked to perfection, My wife had a bbq chicken salad that was fresh and very well prepared.

Not a place to gorge yourself like a buffet but a very nice dining experience that wasn't overpriced. Definitely coming back.

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Lake Michigan perch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

went here for dinner on a cousin's recommendation. Nice atmosphere, kind, efficient service and delicious lake perch-best I have had!

• Visited July 2013