“Go for the outstanding service. Enjoy the food while you're there. Don't drink the rum.”

Jimmy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #31 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Three Oaks, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Located 1/2 mile north (toward New Buffalo) off of I94, and 1/2 mile south (away from the lake) from US12, Jimmy' is easy to find.

The wait staff was very attentive, but not overbearing. Empty plates were bussed within a minute, if they had a chance to leave our hands. The ever present and congenial owner, on a packed to the gills day, checked on us more than once, and even took our desert orders himself.

Appetizers include outstanding calamari, and a cup or bowl of good chili. Salads include a great chopped salad with about 1/4 cup of great blue cheese crumbled over it, and a pretty good Cesar salad.

During the salad course I was served the worst mixed drink I have ever been served, a rum sour.

Sandwiches include a classic burger ($7.00) with all the good stuff, and an OK Italian beef ($9.00). Entrees include a very good, and loaded, plate of Lake Michigan perch ($19), and a rack of ribs ($22.00 or half rack $12) that looked killer, but we already had our order.

The cheesecake, homemade every morning, is to die for.

Jimmy's Bar and Grill, 18529 Harbor Country Drive (Whitaker Street), New Buffalo, MI 49117, 269-469-2100.

Windsor, ON
“Local Landmark”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

When I go to a new city, I want to try something that I can't find anywhere else. Jimmy's was the choice when I stayed in New Buffalo today.

It's a minute drive off I94, though, the one negative about it is you'd never know it's a restaurant. The dark sign along the road blends in with the dark forest between it and the highway. It's not a major deal, but if you're not looking for it, you might miss it.

Onto the positives...

Lots of parking - always good.

Smiling hostesses - I'm a firm believer of first impressions. There were two girls who greeted me, approx college-aged. Bright, smiling girls who immediately made me feel at home. They directed me to the bar for my take-out (upon my request).

The bartender - treated you like a friend. Realized I was from out of town (saw my shirt) and offered to give recommendations if I wanted any. I knew what I was going to order ahead of time, but I liked the personal touch.

The waterfall - behind the bar is a water wall, of sorts. Not sure what you'd call it, but definitely added a smooth, sophisticated touch to the place.

The food...

Had the perch plate - lots of fish, great taste...nice red-skin potatoes, hash brown style. Some beans for veggies. I'm not sure it was worth the $19 price, but I'd pay $14-15 for it, sure. If I'm pushing $20 for a plate, it better be exceptional. It was great, but not exceptional. That said, solid 4/5 stars.

Fish Tacos - always wanted to try these and, for $9, worth a shot. Very spicy, smooth, sweet, easy to eat. Only complaint was I didn't have more, hahaha. Amazing dish.

When I left, the same hostesses were smiling and wishing me a good day. Again, very much appreciated and not forgotten.

New Buffalo isn't a big place, but, for me, that should only mean even more hospitality; trying to keep whomever comes to town. Jimmy's did it for me. Being from Ontario, I doubt I'll get to New Buffalo anytime soon. However, if I'm in the area, or heading to Chicago, I'll make sure to stop here. This was absolutely worth it and I'm looking forward to going back.

Chicago, Illinois
“New Buffalo's Best Waterpark and Grill”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Worth a stop for the water features alone, Jimmy's also has good food and a great bar. Stopped in to watch a game and liked it enough to come back for lunch.
Bartender was attentative and professional; beer was fresh and poured well.
Burgers at lunch were quickly devoured the next day.

michigan
“Good food”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Enjoyed our visit here. Food was great. Service was very good. We enjoyed our meal and the quiet (at that time) atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
Granger, Indiana
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family had dinner here over the Memorial Day weekend. I had the lake perch and it was very good. Tender, flaky and just lightly breaded. My husband had the barbecue ribs and thought they were some of the best he has had. They do have quite a lot of menu selections. The atmosphere is elegant, but casual. The service we had was excellent.

• Visited May 2013