“Pleasantly surprised”

Copper Rock Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Feast on USDA Prime 42-day dry aged steaks, succulent cold water lobster, gourmet desserts and more. Dining at Copper Rock Steakhouse is an experience like no other.450 wines available by the bottle and glass!Stop by the bar in Copper Rock Steakhouse for pre-dinner martinis, or an after-dinner cognacCopper Rock guests must be 21 years of age to dine.
Muskegon, Michigan
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I were staying one night at the Four Winds and made reservations for a birthday dinner at the Copper Rock. We were thinking maybe a casino restaurant might be pretty ordinary but were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, food quality and service. Everything we had was excellent from the oysters to the creme brulee with some excellent prime rib and lobster bisque in between. The service was very good without being hovering and instead of hearing the casino we were enjoying some Sinatra crooning. Give it a try. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012

Saugatuck, Michigan
“Disappointed !!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The Copper Rock is normally a very good choice for a wonderful dining experence. Unfortunately they missed the boat Tuesday July 3, 2012.
Our dining experence was far from 5 star, it was with a stretch a 2 star or lower experience.
Service was slooooow, tables around us not bused, we waited for over 1 1/2 hours to receive our food, but told them not to bring it as we ate far too much bread waiting.
The salads and small appetizers were great but the service was tainted badly!
I will give them another chance to correct this problem and yes I've talked to the overall manager stating the problems. hopefully it was only the full moon acting on them! Hal H

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Hal7790
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Copper Rock Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Hal,

We hope you've had a chance to make it back and have a better experience. We appreciate your feedback on these issues and hope to see you again soon!

Missy Stanisz
Interactive Marketing Specialist
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Very Good!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I recently visited this restaurant with my husband for our anniversary dinner. The restaurant has nice ambiance and the food was very good. My husband and I both ordered the filet from their $45 special menu. This was a great deal, as we got soup (or salad), the main course and a dessert. My filet was cooked perfectly, although it was a little small. My husband did not enjoy his steak as much because it was overcooked. He always orders well-done but only certain restaurants can meet his expectations of not making the meat dry. After adding Bearnaise sauce, he agreed that it was tasty. The gelato with strawberries was amazing. It's a must-try. Also, the service was very good. I would probably eat here again if I'm ever in New Buffalo.

• Visited May 2012
Michigan City, Indiana
“FINE DINING”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Have been there several times.....always great!
Great wait-staff, along with super prime rib and nice TALL gin and tonics.

Visited March 2012
La Porte, Indiana
“Steak, Seafood and Drinks add up to a great evening!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Recently our family had dinner at the Copper Rock located inside
the Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo. What a great evening.
The service was suberb and the food and presentation were
right on. My daughter and I had the filet and my husband ordered
salmon. Both meals were part of the $35 and $45 specials that are
available every night of the week, except Saturday. This meal
includes a wonderful salad or soup, entree and a full size dessert.
There are several choices you can make in each category. If you
want steak or prime rib, you order the $45 special. The atmosphere
is quiet (which is nice after being on the casino floor) even though
you are just steps away from the "action". We all had a great dining experience
and highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited February 2012