“First Rate Accomodations” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Winds Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in New Buffalo
Freeland, Michigan
“First Rate Accomodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We recently spent 2 nights at the resort hotel. The accomodations were top notch with a very nice interior to the resort, hotel lobby and room. We stayed in a Junior Suite and were very satisfied. We stayed right during a big winter storm so the buffet and Hard Rock were not in operation.....area was in a snow emergency so it was good to stay in the resort the entire time. Slot machines in the casino were about a 3 out of 10 on winability....so if you are going to win...good luck....but the casino was very clean and many fun machines.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Henry H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I received a coupon to stay for 2 nights for free. Checking in was easy and pleasant. I was informed what to expect in my room, offered an additional robe to use during my stay and to my surprise offered a microwave for warming up my food. Our room was wonderful, clean, plenty of nice fluffy towels, a frig and the microwave was in the room. There is no tub in the washroom but who care cause the double shower heads are wonderful. I did not have chance to go to the outside the whirlpool or get to the gym but next time I will. Oh the gaming was great, the casino is very clean.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Pooh338
GRAND HAVEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We do an overnight trip to Four Winds 6 or 7 times a year. This year we decided to stay on Christmas Eve. As usual, we were extremely happy with our visit.
Front desk personnel are always so friendly, and the women there were looking festive. We got there around dinnertime, and had soup/sandwich combo at Timbers (great Reuben sandwich, and the potato soup is excellent too).
The hotel common areas were decorated for Christmas and really looked beautiful. There were decorations around the casino area as well.
I'd like to commend the casino management on the cleanliness of the casino area. I spoke to several of the people who were cleaning between slot machines, picking up cups, etc., thanked them, and told them I really appreciate their work, as many of the casino areas in the Michigan/Indiana region are trash-filled, have broken chairs, and are just not very pleasant.
Lastly, the rooms at Four Winds never disappoint. We have had queen rooms, king rooms, Junior suites (VERY NICE) and they are always spotlessly cleaned, with comfortable beds and other furniture. Bathrooms are large with plenty of counter space.
Employees have always been friendly and accomodating, and we will certainly continue to visit Four Winds in the future between our Las Vegas trips.

Room Tip: We don't see much difference in rooms, having stayed in "old" and "new" towe...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GHBookLady
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked a surprise getaway in one of their suites for me and my husband. I asked for a non smoking room, which they gave us. When we got in the room we noticed the smell right away. And figured someone had recently smoked in there but figured it would filter out or not be too bad. We understand there's smoking in casinos but when you pay $200 a night for a non smoking room you ought to be able to escape it for a little bit. Obviously it was very heavy odor in the casino, could still smell it in the restaurants, and when we returned to the room at night it was intense. We actually kept waking up from it. My husbands c-pap machine was clogged from it by 3:00am and I was trying to sleep with a pillow over my face to block the smell. We even bought a scented candle and had it burning in the room to try to mask the smell-no help at all. We are both ex smokers so we can tolerate some smoke, that's how bad this was to make it unbearable for us. The facility and the room were both beautiful. But the smell was so bad we cancelled the rest of our stay and left after only being there for 13 hours, when were originally staying for 3 days. We drove home at 3:30am in the middle of a snow storm just to get relief. The desk employee told us the whole first floor was non smoking. Uh, the casino is on the first floor. I think their air filtering system was the problem. Such a shame, beautiful place but miserable night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ingrid283
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Hi Ingrid,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your experience and will share this with our Facilities team. We would like to discuss your stay with you; could you please email your best contact information to social@fourwindscasino.com?

Thank you!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Most recently, husband used his reduced-rate comp in NOV for my birthday - had a terrific salmon dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and a few exciting lucky streaks. I'm not a big Michael Jackson fan, but the MJ slot machine is so much fun, esp if you hit a music video bonus - vibrating, SurroundSound chair and vivid graphics suck you into another world (seriously worth a try!). A few months before, tried my 2-free-night comp for the first time w/ my best friend - hadn't had a girls'-night-out escape in a decade, so we really enjoyed our comfortable, elegant room and every friendly staff member we encountered. After two good comp experiences, I encourage anyone to take advantage of Four Wind offers without fear. The rooms suited our needs exactly both times - very clean and pretty. I know I'm combining a 'couples' and 'friends' review all in one, but I'll pick the 'friends' category just to emphasize how much fun two women can have visiting the shops. Check out the Native American artists' contemporary jewelry designs and pottery items, also the great fragrances (same brand as blood orange scented hotel room toiletries). My husband, my friend, and I all felt pampered. Will look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DaaayyyTripper
Mokena, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

we stop on our way to a friends beach house every year for a long weekend girls trip...love the rooms...they are very upscale.The gaming seems good..great girls trip for gaming and relaxing and bonding

Room Tip: get a players card for comped rooms!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jamie B
Bay City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We often come to to Four Winds in the winter for a Quick Get Away. Our favorite part is the 5 star treatment. It starts with the Valet who great you with a Friendly Welcome (If the said "Welcome Home" I would probably just cry), and the walk through the Lobby. The Large Fire places remind you of cozy nights by the camp fire. The Front Desk staff are confident and very helpful. We really like the room keys and casino cards all in one. Our room is, as always, clean, roomy, and very comfortable (no lumps, no sleeping at an upside down angle on old matteress) And the restaraunts are a buffett that is immulated all over the state. We cant wait to "Go Home" again.

Room Tip: Though they do not have a pool the out door Hot tub is very relaxing on a winter night. We love to l...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 7 in New Buffalo
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!