Four Winds Casino Resort
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo(New Buffalo)(Great Value!)
$85
Comfort Inn(New Buffalo)
$64
ComfortInn
$77
Good 3.5/5
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo(New Buffalo)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
$51
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Marina Grand Resort(New Buffalo)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfour windshard rock cafecopper rockslot machinesstarbucks coffeetable gamesjunior suitenon smoking roomfree roomplayers clubplayers cardmartini bargaming floorsmoking is allowedwinding roadevent centercigarette smoke
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I are from Nebraska. We spent four days, three nights at the Four Winds. Trust us, this is a SUPER RESORT! On top of that, hubby won $1440 and I didn't do too bad either!

The rooms are clean! The maids, waiters, hotel clerks, service folks....everyone, just everyone was kind, professional, helpful and efficient.

Also, the town of New Buffalo is darling.......it has the feel of a coastal village. It reminded us of Bar Harbor and Camden Maine. The New Buffalo beach (Lake Michigan) is so nice!

Room Tip: We wanted a smoking room......but, we HATE smoking rooms that stink. We are not heavy smokers, but we do enjoy a cigarette with an in-room cocktail. The room smelled wonderful and it was nice to have a refrigerator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 988Kathleen
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Four Winds Casino last fall and signed up for a club players card. I played slots and tables, spending a minimal amount of money. I was mailed offers to stay overnight in the casino hotel several times and finally found the time to plan my overnight visit at a rate of only $39 a night. My expectations were low based on the rate an that it was a casino that allows smoking, but I was in for a surprise.

The check in was simple and quick. We were given easy directions to find our room and outdoor hot tub. The hotel lobby and hallways were immaculate and decorated nicely. The room really wowed me - clean, new, fancy, comfortable bed, spectacular and spacious shower...and we were told to raid the mini bar because everything we find in the room was free.

We had a reasonably priced dinner at the on site Hard Rock Cafe, good food and service and used a coupon provided by Four Winds that took a 1/3rd of our bill off.

Unfortunately we weren't winners in the casino on this trip, but we enjoyed all that the hotel had to offer us. Within a few miles drive, we visited the public access New Buffalo beach, some quaint shops near the lake, local ice cream parlors and the famous burger joint Redamaks.

I hope that I earned enough points on my loyalty card to get a free stay soon because I will definitely return. Best vacation I've had only an hour from home in a long time. The highlight if the trip really was the great room, atmosphere and friendly people who worked there.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Chinook11
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I received a complimentary night at the Four Winds Casino so we decided to take the offer since we were in Indiana for my nephews wedding. The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was great being close to the casino floor. For those of us who still enjoy cigarettes we were able to get a smoking room. The Casino is large enough to spend hours playing slots. They have the latest ones, too. The dining options were good, we decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe. The food there is always good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Katkev23
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Over the 4th of July weekend, six of us spent time in New Buffalo. We thought staying at the Four Winds would be nice. We are not big gamblers but it was lots of fun. They have a REALLY nice steak restaurant and on Fridays, the Hard Rock has entertainment. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well appointed. The staff was most accommodating! We signed up for the players card and ended up getting money off on our room. Someone had mentioned that we should ask upon checking out. The casino got a little smoky toward the end of the evening but the room was smoke free. It is a great location because you can spend a couple days there for a mini vacation/get-away as the Michigan Dunes are very close and there is a winery trail you can take. Our favorite was Tabor Hill. The food was outstanding. Take time out and spend a weekend there, you will like it. Also, they have some great entertainment. Check the website to see who is playing so you can plan on enjoying a concert as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Mary R
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed overnight and went to the Collective Soul concert in the casino. The rooms were very nice & the employees were exceptional. We didn't realize that when you go to a concert here, bottled water and sodas are free!! That was such a nice bonus. The concert hall was small and close up. The sound could have been a little better, but I am not at all complaining. The employees in the casino were extremely friendly and helpful, which is unusual for a casino. We would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank LoddieGirl
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to review Four Winds and let us know how much you enjoyeed your experience--we really appreciate it!