“Beautiful Hotel!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Jersey Shore
“Beautiful Hotel!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed overnight at Four Winds and found the rooms to be beautiful. The casino floor is clean with a great mix of the newest slot machines in the market. Hard Rock Cafe was excellent (better than others. The food tasted fresher). The valet attendant was super friendly. Great stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review--we really appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Midwest
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Absolutely a beautiful location for a resort/casino hotel. After exciting table and slot games, several excellent restaurants for your meal, you can settle down on a comfortable bed in a spacious room with quite possibly a view of deer feeding in the field. Rooms are clean and area is safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the woods!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Lake, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We get some really nice offers from Four Winds. We always have friendly, courteous service and a beautiful room or sometimes a suite. The rooms are well-appointed with comfy beds, fluffy towels, nice toiletries and coffeemakers with Starbucks brewing packets. For the gambler, there is a huge assortment of table games and slots. Also a few shops. There is a wide choice of places to eat, including Hard Rock and the ubiquitous buffet (which is quite nice, actually). We were there for New Year's Eve and there was a Prince cover band at Hard Rock that was really good, with a balloon drop and confetti, horns and hats, etc.

Room Tip: If you can snag a petite suite, you get the big jet tub and huge shower! Also includes small fridge...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Walkerton, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Awesome rooms. Very nice accommodating staff. Casino right there. The excitement is a-1. The food selections were good. Hard Rock Cafe is there too. Close to Lake Michigan and light house outlet mall in nearby Michigan city Indiana.

• Stayed February 2013
Niles, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I always get free offers but they are always sold out. We finally got a room and when we went to check in my hubby asked the front desk clerk if we could have a room with a large bathtub so he could soak his aching back. The clerk said yes. We get to the room and there is no tub just a shower! When I called down to the desk they acted like we were annoying them. I guess I can't complain cause it was free but with all the money I spend there it wasn't really free.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank valpograd86
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just returned from an overnight stay on Saturday night at Four Winds Casino and Hotel. I took the Amtrak to New Buffalo for the trip. I called in the morning prior to departing and asked if there was anything I needed to do for their shuttle service once I got off the train, Their response, "No, just get off the train and the shuttle will be right there in the parking lot waiting for you." The train was delayed in arriving by about 20 minutes. I got off the train and it immediately began showing very hard. There were only 2 of us departing at this station. I say station, but there isn't a station in New Buffalo, only a bench and not even a covered bench. I looked at the parking lot and did not see any sign of a shuttle anywhere. So I stand there until I look like a snowman and the other passenger is picked up and still no shuttle. Did I mention it was 19 degrees outside? I decide calling the hotel is in order and I get a reservations agent. After I explain the situation, she tells me, "Our next shuttle is at 6:10 pm", (It is 3:50 pm) . I proceed to tell the reservations person that I have just gotten off the Amtrak that was delayed and she said, well we have a schedule. (Well thanks very much, tell that to Amtrak) I said, do you not realize how cold it is outside? Apparently she didn't care so she puts me hold and tell me I think I might be able to get someone to come back for you.

Well that I not going to work for me so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She puts me on hold again. When the supervisor finally gets on the phone he tells me we have a special shuttle for you but it will be about 10-15 minutes for it to get there. By this time I have walked over to a Subway shop that is kitty corner from the parking lot. I asked the supervisor if the shuttle driver can pick me up there. He tells me flat out..."No" the driver can't deviate from his pickup spot. If I am not in the parking lot, I won't be picked up. By this time, I will not lie, I am crying. (I had just spent the last 7 days recovering from the flu and still didn't feel that great. If my friend from Chicago hadn't been coming on the train I would have cancelled the entire trip entirely.) So when faced with the thought of trying to get a cab in tiny small New Buffalo or waiting outside for the shuttle. I decided to go back to the parking lot. I get back over to the parking lot and the shuttle driver finally picks me up. I spent about 20-25 minutes or so waiting outside in the freezing cold. When I get to the hotel to check in, asked to speak to the hotel manager and explain the situation, she gets the transportation manager, who basically so to me...."oh well we do our best!" They didn't offer anything in the way of an apology and I really didn't get the feel she cared at all.

So this is my warning if you plan to take the train and stay at the hotel....just be warned.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank Tracy V
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Tracy,

We want to speak to you about this situation. Can you please email your contact info to social@fourwindscasino.com?

Thank you for letting us know about this!
De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had a spacious, modern room in tower. Lots of counter space, Starbucks coffee, cool glass and wood sliding door between vanity and shower/tub area in bathroom, need I say more. Picked hotel on the fly due to ice storm warnings, had planned to drive straight to destination.
Would highly reccomend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 8 in New Buffalo
Hampton Inn & Suites Michigan City

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!