“New hotel wing experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in New Buffalo
Le Claire, Iowa
“New hotel wing experience”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stay at Four Winds about once a month, so you know it is one of our favorite places. This time we got a room in the new hotel wing that opened in June. We usually score a junior suite, and we got one in the new wing. The room in the new wing seems slightly smaller than the one in the old wing. It may have been due to the connecting door, but the sofa was smaller and it was missing the credenza we had in the old room. But it was still very nice. This property far surpasses any casino we have been to in the Midwest. The rooms are nicer than most Vegas rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Fort Wayne
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed for just 1 night on Sat. July 28th, as i was also taking in The Wallflowers in concert at the new Silver Creek Event Center.

Check in was fast and easy, Cindy Cole at the hotel check in desk does a fantastic job!! I had a junior suite in the brand new wing of the hotel. Wonderful new rooms-clean, clean, clean. I had a nice king size bed, 2 HD TV's, double marble sinks, a large soaking tub, huge glass enclosed shower, microwave, wet bar with refrig, L-shaped sofa, nice bath products, etc. On a scale of 1 to 100, i would rate my room as a 99%, and believe me I can be picky!!

I had free comp tickets to The Wallflowers concert and I didn't know what to expect. My seats section 202 D Rear were very poor, You would need a telescope to see the stage. After 3-4 songs, none of which I had ever heard of and straining so hard to see the stage, I was two minutes late for the door. What a total waste of my time. I tried when I first got there to get some reasonable seats, but they were not very accommodating. AND THESE WERE THE VIP-SPECIAL INVITED GUESTS-LIMITED SEATING-SEATS.

Overall, great room, friendly front desk-Cindy Cole-a fun overnight trip for me. The Wallflowers concert-blew in spades, I could not have been more dissatisfied!! A late check-out 12:00 PM was granted, and an 11:00 AM wake-up call were both handled professionally!!!

"I'll be back!!"

Bill B.-Fort Wayne, IN

Room Tip: If you are a serious player in the casino-comp upgrades will follow.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Firstnten
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Back to Four Winds! Got comped for 3 nights so we went for a long weekend. We stayed in the new section which was nice. Big room, comfy king bed, all the amenities. No view but I can't complain about a free room. We got comps for 2 nights at the buffet and ate one night at the Hard Rock which we paid for. We could have used our points but I wanted to get tshirts for the kids.

I played the slots and won enough on & off to keep me going. Hubby played table games and ended up with more than we walked in with so we left happy!

Free room, free food, free shirts and hoodies and money in our pocket. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MittenGal
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited Four Winds last week and had an awesome time. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and always ready to please. The food is AMAZING! The buffet even offers king crab legs, lobster and decadent deserts. Anything you could want to eat, and they will set you up. The gaming is top-notch, and pay outs are consistent. The hotel is beautiful, spotless, and have jet-tubs for relaxing. The only complaint is that the suites don't have sleeper couches, and roll-aways are necs for extra people. Oh, and they don't have a pool...how can it be a resort with no pool? All in all a wonderful get-away, close to chi-town, minutes to Lake Michigan. The Pokagons do this right, and we will be back soon.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that we saw were outstanding.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Happynhealthy9
Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our first time to this hotel and casino. The hotel just opened a new tower which is bery nicely appointed. Great rooms with bathroom. The food at all the restauranta was excellent. The buffet especially. I've been to many casino buffets and outaside of the Las Vegas buffets, this was one of the best.

The casino was quite large. Darkly illumiated though it didn't bother me. The slots are by far not liberal at all compared to others in the Indiana/Illinois area.

I would make a return trip though as the hotel and buffet were very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lisle6594
Plainield, IL
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Always clean, beds are good, pillows are not. The problem is you never know what kind of room you will have until you arrive (standard, jr.suite, suite) which can be frustrating because there are no microwaves in the standard rooms. Also, you have to put down a $50 deposit at check in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank siczlo
Pinckney, Michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Exit I 94 at exit 1 and follow the signs. You can't see the casino from the freeway it's tucked nicely about a mile and a half down a nice paved road through the woods. When you do see the casino and hotel all you can say is wow. There are huge solid wood pillars everywhere wrapped in steel bands, and a fortune in cultured stone as well.

Having been to Soaring Eagle in Mount Pleasant once before we left unimpressed in the whole design of the place. Four Winds is the total opposite. Every effort seems to have been made to make the casino look and feel fantastic. Where Vegas is glass and glitz Four Winds is wood and stone creating a warm rustic, yet comfortable feel.

We ate lunch at the buffet which was $15.00 each. There was no discount for players club members. There is a meat carving station, Asian, Italian, Mexican, American, Breakfast, Salad Bar, and Dessert sections as well. The food was hot, some of it was very good and some of it was just OK. The dessert was very good. Unfortunately our server left a lot to be desired and never bothered to refill our drinks.

My wife played slots without any luck but I played video poker and walked away with over $100 in short order.

We didn't stay overnight here so I can't report on the rooms. Check out their web page for a better look at everything to do here. www.fourwindscasino.com

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 8 in New Buffalo
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Michigan City

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!