“Great food”

Aux Fines Herbes
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Another good restaurant in Goult.
This is a modern establishment in the heart of the village. We chose the set menu for €27 for 3 courses.
Our starters of tartare of scallops with a vanilla cream and aubergine roasted with goats cheese were both delicious & refreshing. The mains of fillet of beef cooked in red wine and John Dory with a creamy seafood sauce were excellent. We finished off with a perfectly gooey chocolate fondant and a poached pear. No complaints about anything-all beautifully presented.
Very popular-probaly need to book especially at weekends.

1  Thank francophile5310

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food here is a work of art and the staff is very attentive. We went back a second time, but I could not recommend the fish. It was hard and dry and lacked flavor. Everything else was very good.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a delightful Gault restaurant,serving simple food with the freshest of local ingredients. I have eaten here twice for lunch in 2013 and dinner in 2012, both times having the menu du jour.
Lunch was great value at 18€, and included artichokes stuffed with warm goat cheese,a very flavoursome veal casserole and delicious cherry crumble for desert, enjoyed with a delicious fermenting and cotes de Rhine vin rouge. Highly recommended.the staff are delightful.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good service in this small and informal restaurant. Main courses may be on the simple side, but overall a well-judged restaurant.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Perhaps it was all the great TA reviews, but I had very high hopes for Aux Fines Herbes. Even though the meal was fine I ended up disappointed due to our spectacular meal the night before.

Here is how to best illustrate this meal: I can't remember what I had. Wife had a very average sea bass dish. I wish I was writing a better review because it's not fun spending 60e on food you don't remember.