“Fresh food,local ingredients”

Aux Fines Herbes
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a delightful Gault restaurant,serving simple food with the freshest of local ingredients. I have eaten here twice for lunch in 2013 and dinner in 2012, both times having the menu du jour.
Lunch was great value at 18€, and included artichokes stuffed with warm goat cheese,a very flavoursome veal casserole and delicious cherry crumble for desert, enjoyed with a delicious fermenting and cotes de Rhine vin rouge. Highly recommended.the staff are delightful.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Good service in this small and informal restaurant. Main courses may be on the simple side, but overall a well-judged restaurant.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Perhaps it was all the great TA reviews, but I had very high hopes for Aux Fines Herbes. Even though the meal was fine I ended up disappointed due to our spectacular meal the night before.

Here is how to best illustrate this meal: I can't remember what I had. Wife had a very average sea bass dish. I wish I was writing a better review because it's not fun spending 60e on food you don't remember.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I had lunch today at aux fines herbes in Goult. As is often the case, the wife is the cook and the husband is the head waiter. We enjoyed a half carafe of blush wine. followed by the plat de jour. The entree was very thinly sliced beef topped with greens and a very light vinaigrette. Freshly ground black pepper was nicely sprinkled over the salad. I loved using the salt on the table which was granular and lite sea salt. The main course was a delicious salmon and spinach lasagna with a delightful cream and cheese sauce. It was really outstanding. For dessert we enjoyed citron cream cake topped with whipped cream and powdered sugar. The service was attentive and the price was right...all of this for 2 people for 46 euros. It was a very memorable lunch.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This was an outstanding dining experience on a beautiful blue sky day. We had the lamb and the beef, both cooked perfectly and delivered by the outstanding host. The flavours we're perfect and easily he best meal we have had in Provence. The desert then went up a notch: amazing! If you're in the Luberon, you must come to this restaurant. Very cool decor/feel inside and a great place to enjoy the sun outside. The beautiful local rosé was very enjoyable also!!