Chateau Saint-Martial
  • Restaurant
Hotel L' Echassier(Chateaubernard)
Priceline
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I travel quite a bit and am fairly particular about where I stay. I don't like super fancy and posh but I like clean, comfortable well appointed surroundings. I would like to say that my stay at the Chateau Saint Martial was one of the best places I have stayed so far. I spent 7 nights there while visiting friends in the Cognac area of France. The chateau and the surrounding grounds are so beautiful and well kept. The couple who own and run the property are truly very sweet and accomadating of your every need. They made us feel so comfortable while staying there. The rooms are very large with comfortable beds. There is wifi which my husband appreciated. The breakfast is simply amazing. I could go on and on but really I enjoyed my stay there so much. I visit this area of France often and I can't wait for my next stay at the Chateau.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have a prettier view but we stayed at the front because of the bed size and were extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allknowing47
Reviewed May 30, 2011

amazing- food spectacular, location amazing- words don't describe how good this place is....

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank TC5089
Reviewed April 3, 2011

This Chateau is just wonderful. The rooms, grounds and the Chateau itself is a truely exceptional place to stay. The owner, Brigitte could not do enough for you and some five star hotels could learn a lot from her in terms of how to treat guests. We had arranged prior to our stay to have dinner in the Chateau for each of the two evenings that we were there. The food was superb. If you are lucky enough to stay at this Chambre D'Hote you will come away having been and felt completely spoilt.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

we came across this chateau hotel in the michelin guide, phoned from the road and arrived an hour later, The owner Brigitte could not have been kinder or more helpful. It is a beautiful place, fabulously grand rooms, splendid gardens that go right down to the charentes river. I only wish we could stay longer than two nights but its full!! Breakfast on the terrace is superb and the best we have experienced so far with Madame's home made hot compote, preserves etc. There's a lovely pool which we didn't get to try unfortunately. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean and fully equipped to every last detail. We would be very happy to return. It is in our opinion very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Our 4th stay at Ch. Saint Martial, this time with 6 friends. It just gets better and better and this time we had the pleasure of sampling Mme Cariou's cooking combined with her husband's superb choice of wines. If you are offerred the opportunity of an evening meal, do not hesitate to accept. My party have just returned from a brief tour of Bordeaux and without hesitation we all agreed that diner at CH Saint Martial was the highlight.

Stayed: October 2009