The owners Maureen and Iain - Probably two of the most charming, friendly, fun and generous people you could wish to meet. As a family we needed to get away from the Christmas build up and spend some quality family time together - away from the hustle ans bustle. This had been planned for some months and it seemed our children (16, 14 and 11) talked of nothing else. High expectations and previous "wow factor" when staying before really set the bar high. Oh how they exceeded it , beyond anything we could have hoped for. When you are welcomed with such genuine warmth and made to feel relaxed from the word go, you know you've made the right decision. The food is exceptional (salmon & asparagus tart a real favourite). To prepare, cook and serve up four courses of excellence that are truly loved by all of us is a special skill. Our trip to Caen market with Maureen was a real highlight but please never ask her to navigate .. unless you're a Tram spotter !!! Our little joke. Rooms are perfect, setting is perfect, pool and suana perfect, breakfast perfect, cats and Moses the dog perfect, BUT please don't tell anyone as we'd love to keep this our secret and enjoy Manoir de la Riviere all by ourselves !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 37 acres of formal gardens and woodland the Manoir is a tranquil and relaxing setting to get away from it all yet only 25minutes from the centre of Caen. The House has welcoming log fires in the winter a heated indoor pool and sauna and a very nice dining room.There is a warm and friendly atmosphere with both French and English spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Manoir de la Riviere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir De La Riviere Hotel Saint-Louet-Sur-Seulles
- Manoir De La Riviere Normandy, France