Manoir de la Riviere is magnificent. Our 3 night stay was a delight. It all starts with the proprietors who were the best of hosts and did all they could to make you feel at home. The food ( the serve dinner as well as breakfast) is as good as you will find in any 5 star restaurant anywhere. So good the first night that we elected to eat dinner there all three nights. The grounds (37 acres) are tranquil and provide a calming sense of peace. Walk the orchard (with one of the cats accompanying you) and see the flowers, pear, plum and apple trees or the strawberry or raspberry patches. Our room ( #2) was large, charming and comfortable. The pre-dinner lounge with self serve full bar service was beautiful and relaxing after a day of Normandy sightseeing. It is a 20 minute drive from Bayeux.I would go back just to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 37 acres of formal gardens and woodland the Manoir is a tranquil and relaxing setting to get away from it all yet only 25minutes from the centre of Caen. The House has welcoming log fires in the winter a heated indoor pool and sauna and a very nice dining room.There is a warm and friendly atmosphere with both French and English spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Manoir de la Riviere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir De La Riviere Hotel Saint-Louet-Sur-Seulles
- Manoir De La Riviere Normandy, France