I have just returned from a 4 day trip to Normandy, staying at Le Manoir de Mathan and taking breakfast and evening meal at La Ferme de la Ranconniere.
The accommodation at La Ferme was fully booked when I tried to arrange a reservation on-line, so we were offered Le Manoir as an alternative. How glad I am that I accepted. The accommodation is in a wonderful building overlooking a beautiful courtyard. The whole place is French rustic. Old wooden beams and great furniture. It is as good as it looks on the website....maybe better.
We elected for demi-pension which is was a good decision on two levels. Firstly, there didn't appear to be many other eating opportunities close by. Secondly, the food is brilliant! You can pig out on the 'Gourmet' or be stuffed on the 'terroir' menu. You would need to be something of a connoisseur to take full value from the 'gourmet' menu.
Breakfast was taken at La Ferme or Le Manoir (if there were suuficient guests at the latter). Again, typical French with fruit, the world's best ever 'fromage frais', ham, cheese, bread, pastires. My God, the calories! Went straight to my hips! (That is an attempt at humour....I am a 50-plus year old male heterosexual....honest!!)
So, if you want a base to visit the D-Day beaches, Bayeux and Caen, then this place comes highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A long and imposing frontage with light relief pillars and a triangular pediment, a typical XVIIIth century farm of the Bessin area, a vast rectangular court and it's outbuildings, 21 rooms all prettily decorated, the most remarkable being those of the junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Manoir de Mathan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir De Mathan Hotel Crepon
- Le Manoir De Mathan Crepon, France - Normandy