We stayed here for a few days in July and found it very comfortable and totally relaxing.
We had a downstairs room which lead out through a small kitchenette to the back garden which had tables chairs and sunloungers for our use, wouldn't have been as convenient if the room was upstairs. The restaurant is within easy walking distance and weather permitting a nice way to help digest your diner. The food was excellent.
The only thing we could suggest to the hotel was to supply some crockery and cutlery (and a bottle opener) in the kitchenette. On one sunny afternoon we bought some Pate, cheese, cooked meats, tomatoes, bread etc etc and some local wine and had lunch outside our room, we also bought some paper plates and plastic knives and forks but well worth the effort. Try the local Calvados you wont be disappointed:-)
The hotel is within easy striking distance of Bayeux (a must visit) and all the landing beaches and cemeteries Overall a really nice place to stay Hopefully we'll get back someday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A long and imposing frontage with light relief pillars and a triangular pediment, a typical XVIIIth century farm of the Bessin area, a vast rectangular court and it's outbuildings, 21 rooms all prettily decorated, the most remarkable being those of the junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Manoir de Mathan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir De Mathan Hotel Crepon
- Le Manoir De Mathan Crepon, France - Normandy