“Great chowder” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Naubinway, Michigan
“Great chowder”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

The fish chowder is well worth the stop. Quaint atmosphere and friendly staff. My husband was not too pleased with his meal but the restaurant does seem to draw a crowd. Worth trying again as good location, right on Route 2 in the upper peninsula of Michigan.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank CBYooper

Naubinway, Michigan
“Pretty Basic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Nothing wrong, but nothing special. I would recommend if you are in the area and need something to eat.

Visited September 2011
Escanaba
“I stop every chance I get!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Have never had a bad meal. Friendly "at home" atmoshphere and excellent food. Outstanding Whitefish Chowder. It is out of the way but worth the stop.

• Visited November 2011
Michigan
“IF Global Warming's true...eat across the street on the water.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

So For some reason the UP is baking in mid july...temps in the 90's,upper 80's..and I'm on a self contained bicycling tour eastbound from Indian Lake state park to St.ignace...it's about 3pm.....and hot, sweaty and I'm about to bonk...and I've heard good things about the Cut river inn's fishes.. so I peddle in, lock up the bruce gordon, take off my bike helment and walk into a dark restaurant with absolutely NO one in it at 3 pm..and pick a seat by the south window e side of the building... and I wait, and wait...so I decide to get up to go out side and grab one of my water bottles and bring it in... The waitress seems shocked that I'm leaving...as she comes out of the kitchen and apologizes for the delay... "I'm just getting something off my bike I'll be right back, Please get me a bud light and a water" .

Now please take this review with a bit of leeway. I'm one hot sweaty cyclist...nearing heat stroke...so anything to eat would taste OK, and anything cold wouldn't hurt.

So I pop in and out and my drinks arrive 30 seconds or so later.
I ask for a menu.. order the fish with the squash and down the water and most of the bud.
as sit sweating in the bar's heat (no air) .

So the food shows up I order the spinach version....and it's tasty enough....the squash though IF you bother to order that is a winner...IF you take a fork full of the fish and mix it with the squash...it's win win. Oh it comes with a salad too.

So I eat this fish stuff and it's a decent amount of food considering the squash too...and I'm full...almost tossing full ...buffet full even.

So I get on my bike and peddle away...looking across the street to the bayside or bay view restaurant and thinking Damn I wish I'd have eaten there, stupid of me to cross the street at least this restaurant has a deck on the water...where it's cooler with the lake michigan breeze blowing in... Cant vouch for the food though...but a bud lights a bud light...water is water....so they equal 1/2 the order....they might even have squash.

And Yes I understand it's the UP and it rarely gets hot enough along the lakeside that you need a/c.... But like I said if it's a hot one in cut river...cut south not north for your whitefishes and beer.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pickford, Michigan
“Awesome place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Had their broiled white fish really good. Waitress was very friendly. Prices on food was good. Would eat there again.

• Visited July 2011