“Home made country cooking.”
Review of Shirley's Chuckwagon Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shirley's Chuckwagon Cafe
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were quite surprised to come across this restaurant. It's excellent. As we walked in, we were greeted and shown to out choice of booths. Both old fashion and modern. We sat in an old fashion one. Loved it. I noticed we were the only strangers there. All of the other customers were farmers, the backbone of America and hey all seemed to know each other. At one point we needed the waitress but she was back in the kitchen. I heard one of the customers say, what can I help you with. I felt right at home. The food was fresh. My potatoes were fresh cut, not reconstituted or frozen. I had a side of sausage gravy. Best I've had in a long time. My wife's sausage patties were hand made and they were mighty good. We highly recommend Shirley's Chuckwagon Cafe.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food was okay. This is a local place by all means and the highlight is the "chuckwagon" decor and the fact it is local with friendly service and patrons. The food is nothing fancy, we went for lunch so it was burgers, sandwiches etc. They have a beer battered fry that adds some additional flavor and crunch. It was not the best lunch we had, but not the worse either, so if you are looking for small town, local flavor, this could be the place for you.