Chateau de Jallanges in Loire Valley (Between TOURS and Amboise)
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Le Montloire(Montlouis-sur-Loire)
  • Free Internet
Les Hautes Roches(Rochecorbon)
Art Hotel(Rochecorbon)
Hotel Les Fontaines(Rochecorbon)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Le Skippy Hotel(Saint Pierre des Corps)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswonderful placeexcellent staychateaucenturychallengessenseproducts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was a great experience. The Chateau was lovely considering its age. The room was large, heating works, the shower/bath was large and lots of hot water. Bed was comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet. The breakfast table was the nicest layout I have seen and plenty of choices. Most of all the owner and his staff were extremely helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Great place for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Henry VIII room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect, this being my first time staying at a chateau. It was a hidden gem at the end of a tree lined entry way. I thought it was magical! Everything about the place was charming...From the grounds, to the owner, to the animals,to the quaint bedrooms. I also loved how the owner accommodated All of our needs. Our time here was way too short and I have to make sure we stay here longer next time.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights recently. We were met on arrival and shown around, and informed that there was a function that evening which would include some fireworks, and a hunt on the following day. We thought that sounded quite interesting, and thought nothing more of it.

The rooms we were in needed attention. A can of someone's deodorant was left discarded under the lounge chair in one room, the curtains revealed dead flies when pulled back - it was not filthy, but someone had just not taken care to really clean the place properly. The grounds were lovely, and our kids enjoyed the animals on site (ducks, donkey etc). It was interesting to look around the place, although that only took 5 minutes. We saw no evidence of the other activities listed on the web site, and the place appeared more focused on the events at the chateau than guests. The fireworks were at midnight, right outside the rooms we were in, and the noisy party went until 3am.

Breakfast was abysmal. In a country so full of great food and produce, someone has gone to great effort to provide a breakfast so bad. Kids had plastic cheese for breakfast. Coffee and tea was awful. No Wifi in the rooms. Most uncomfortable beds. Stay somewhere else.

Oh, but if you do stay here, ring the bell!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Melj2000
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend & I recently spent a wonderful month traveling around France. The Loire Valley was one of my favourite places & Chateau de Jallanges really made it something special. I think the Chateau captures the essence of the French country side. We had a warm arrival with a beautiful glass of a cool, pink, mystery aperitif, & macaroons. The staff & owners were super friendly, & also allowed us our privacy as we enjoyed the gardens (getting merrily drunk on the delicious wine produced on site & going for a chat with the donkey), & also the pool.

Breakfast each morning was a treat - an amazing spread that included many of their preserves & marmalades made on site. The room was fantastic! Old country charm, huge rooms, beautiful bath for long, wine-soaked evenings. Be sure to ask about the history of the building.

I was disappointed reading other recent reviews. I did not feel that the property was dirty, as others have written. It's an old property & they have been true to it. I saw a maid on duty each day of our stay. It's not a Best Western & that's a wonderful thing. If you are after a bit of magic - stay here. We had no problem getting our bags up stairs, however I can imagine you might if you are a bit older. Be sure to email them in advance your arrival time so that they can help you up with them. They were there on our arrival & offered to help us, but we were fine on our own.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It seems our experience was similiar to others - from having to drag our luggage across a very large courtyard area through a wedding which was in progress, to arrive in rooms that needed a thorough clean plus around the clock hot water and a fresh breakfast. The summary of our stay includes cold baths/showers, sour milk with stale croissants at breakfast, very dusty rooms and a couple of pretty noisy wedding nights! Perhaps the owners need to decide whether they are a wedding venue or serious B&B because at the moment they don't seem to be able to cope with both. It's a shame as it is a lovely location and a chateau filled with promise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family