Moulin du Fief Gentil
$169
$87
  • Restaurant
Auberge du Bon Laboureur(Chenonceaux)
$211
$178
Hotwire.com
Hotel & Restaurant la Roseraie(Chenonceaux)(Great Value!)
$87
Priceline
  • Pool
$154
$89
Auberge de la Treille(Saint-Martin-le-Beau)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsold millb bcommon roomother guestsher husbandhomemade jamsthe ownerloire valleytake advantagecentral locationa real gemthree nightssmall villagewonderful placecomfortable roomsevening mealbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2010

My husband and I along with our grown son and 16 year old daughter stayed at this wonderful, old and beautifully restored Millhouse. The Miller's Suite was perfect. We all wanted to stay together yet not in a Family Room or two totally separate rooms. The suite is located upstairs in her lovely home. Entering the room, bottled water and candies greeted us on the table...there were 2 twin beds on each side of the room, chairs and side tables... giving our children the space they needed. Walking up a few steps to the next landing is a full size and large bathroom- up a couple of more steps is the larger master bed room...complete with a king size very comfy bed and half bath.

It was a great B&B for my family. Florence was very friendly and a perfect host... giving us great suggestions on where to go for chateaus, sightseeing, picnics, places to dine and outdoor markets. I cannot understand the person who wrote that she was cold and unwelcoming- Florence spoke English very well- perhaps not with the same inflections as an American, however, maybe when the person who slammed her (tried) speaking their perfect French they sounded cold to people in France:)

The Millhouse has on the large property a beautiful pond with picnic tables on one side in case we felt like being outside (or looking out our windows) -it also offers for use a separate common room equipped with a fridge, couches, books etc. Might I add her flowers were lovely and the property kept up beautifully. Before we ever left the states, every question I had was answered quickly by the owners. I 'wished' there had been Wifi yet to be honest, it is easily gotten free on your laptop at Tourist Info in Blere- or they have a PC there you can use. Blere, by the way, is a charming place in itself. Did I mention location? It is everything while traveling and her B&B is perfectly located in the Loire Valley to Chateau to your hearts content.

Florence makes a great French breakfast and the only complaint I can think of is of my own making: she will cook dinner for you if you ask in advance- sadly, over our 3 nights there we never had time to ask.

Thank you Madame Heurtebise for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank yust2be
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay for several days while in the Loire valley. It was convenient to the 5 chateaux we wanted to visit. Every part of the B&B was beautiful - our spacious bedroom, the lovely breakfast room, the comfy common room, and the outdoor sitting area around the pond. The owner, Florence, was very helpful with advice and local knowledge. The breakfasts were very good, but the dinner was excellent. The dinner is an option that everyone should take advantage of. Florence made a 4 course meal from local fresh ingredients. The main course was a result of a comment I had made at breakfast that day. It couldn't have been better. We both felt that staying in the charming town of Blere, was a better choice than any of the other towns we visited. In conclusion, we highly recommend it, and hope we can return there for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BnBFan_10
Reviewed October 27, 2009

The mill house and mll pond are beautiful and the location is great for visiting chateaux. When we arrived, the proprietess gave us a long and severe listing of all the forbiddens and we felt like she was keeping a cold and watchful eye on us at all time. It made us want to avoid being around her. Her husband was super nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
gentil37, owner at Moulin du Fief Gentil, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2009

Thank you for your remark. I did not realize that the way I use english language could transform the presentation of the house and the rules for living together in the same house in a "listing of all the forbiddens". I understand in that case that you can have the impression that a "watchful eye" was on you, and that was of course not intentional. I am sorry for this, and I will certainly be more aware in the future about the way I introduce the guests to the house. Sincerely.

Reviewed May 17, 2009

Free to come and go without disturbing the hosts; well equipped rooms and a very agreeable common area. The hosts were knowledgeable and proud of their region and gave me good advice. The dinner was more than expected! The weather was good and the other guests also made the stay even better - no guarantee on that though!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank americaninfrance92
Reviewed February 28, 2008

The property is beautifully presented with spacious rooms and loads of character. We found the owners to be very friendly and they made us feel like personal guests. The evening meal, cooked by Florence, was delicious and a great opportunity to meet other guests and share experiences.

Blere is well located to explore the Loire chateaux and a pleasant town with several bars and restaurants all within walking distance of the Moulin.

Stayed: February 2008