“Good service, good price”
Review of Hotel de Vougeot

Hotel de Vougeot
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vougeot
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped off here on the way down to Provence and then on the way back. Vougeot is tiny and is about 4 miles from Nuits Saint Georges where there are more restaurants. At 79 euros for a good size twin room it was good value and the staff were very laid back and professional. There was no bath in the bathroom which was pretty small but the shower was very good. They have a nice terrace overlooking their vineyard where you can have breakfast or a sundowner. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love this place. From our window we could see the Clos du Vougeot, the vineyards, the hills and the sunsets. Excellent breakfast, excellent friendly staff, great central location between Beaune and Dijon and reasonably easy access to the sites towards Vezelay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sailnaked
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My stay at this charming hotel overlooking the vineyards was wonderful. Waking up to the view of the vines and Chateau is a treat all will enjoy. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the baths modern. The owner and all the staff are very helpful and friendly! Breakfast is a great price as it includes eggs, yogurt, fruits,pastries and charcuterie et cheese along with juices and hot beverages. The hotels friendly dog will gladly sit next to you if you wish.

The small bar/ restaurant up the street is perfect for lunch serving local delicious dishes. The hotel is in a great location for visiting all the small towns around the area. Look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Many rooms overlook the vineyard so can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Charming staff, very clean and comfortable, good location, next to the vines. Enjoy this delightful place, many rooms overlook the vines.

Very good breakfast. Brand new modern bathrooms.. Friendly, well behaved dog on property, good lunch restaurant up the street.

Room Tip: All are good, quiet well furnished, modern bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in October with my husband. The hotel was very plain, we didn;t bother with the breakfast, a bar down the road served excellent coffee for a euro, the hotel dining room did not seem very inspiring, it was multi purpose acting as the owner's office. The room was ok, clean but austere. We sort of had a view over the vineyards but it was more about people's back gardens. The owner was efficient but not really all that welcoming. It was not good value by French standards and i would not return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ndirande
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I loved this little bed & breakfast in the midst of the Cote de Nuits vineyards, in walking distance from the Chateau de Vougeot and minutes away from the awe inspiring Domaine de la Romanee Conti and La Tache. Traveling with friends by car, we got off the freeway at Dijon in the late afternoon and enjoyed a leisurely drive along the Route du Vignoble starting at Marsannay and passing through Fixin, Gevrey Chambertin, Morey St Denis and Chambolle Musigny. It was quite magical.

The hotel is in the rustic heart of the little village of Vougeot; you are steps away from some of the world's most famous vineyards. The rooms are cozy and warm - no super luxury here, but very comfortable and homely. The manager is super friendly, helpful and cooks up a good breakfast the next day. He'll arrange bicycles for rent, if you let him know in advance.

There aren't any great dinner options in the Village, the place down the road is nothing to write home about and both service and food left to be desired. Probably better to drive the 10 minutes to Nuits St Georges to have an enjoyable evening.

If you are visiting the wine country, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms are located in two separate buildings. Ask for one in the building right behind the recept...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have to say I'm in utter shock and disbelief that something like this could have happened in a small-town boutique hotel in the heart of a peaceful village like Vougeot. But unfortunately it did. My husband and I went to get some breakfast around the corner, and against my better judgement I decided to leave my purse in the room. In retrospect, I must have had some kind of bad feeling that something might happen, because I COUNTED the money in the purse right before we left (I had exactly 123 Euros) and hid my purse underneath some clothing in our luggage, so that it wasn't visible. An hour and a half later I returned to the room to grab some water. The room had been tidied and the housekeeper was still cleaning the room next door. I immediately noticed that something did not look right - my purse was sticking out just a little from underneath my coat. I counted the money - I was 20 Euros short.

My husband tried to talk to the manager/receptionist but he seemed completely indifferent and only shrugged his shoulders, saying that there was nothing he could do and that I should have brought my purse with me. He didn't even as much as offer to talk to the cleaning woman. Nothing. In my many years of traveling (and I've stayed in many a hotel before, big and small alike), this is the first time this has ever happened, and I have left money and valuables in the room before.

I feel violated and angry. Angry at how the situation was handled, or rather not handled at all, by the hotel's management. When I stay in hotels, and especially when I stay in nice boutique hotels that come highly recommeneded, I want to feel that my property is safe. I certainly don't want to worry that a housekeeper may dig through my belongings in search of money or other valuables. And I certainly want to know that in case something of the kind does happen, the management will at least try to show some engagement and make an effort to help! One cannot be expected to always bring one's purse/wallet and valuables with him/her. There're situations when it's quite impossible or inconvenient, like when you go running, biking, swimming, etc.

As for the hotel itself, it is quite basic but not completely devoid of charm. It is rather rustic in appearance and feel, but that's the kind of feel my husband and I were going for when we made the reservation. What is really nice is the hotel's location right at the foot of the vineyards and its panoramic views.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank valeriya r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vougeot
Chateau de Gilly
#1 of 4 in Gevrey-Chambertin
Hotel Losset
Hotel Losset
#1 of 1 in Flagey-Echezeaux

Been to Hotel de Vougeot? Share your experiences!