“A little dated, charming nevertheless....like France overall.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostellerie La Huchette

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Replonges
Hostellerie La Huchette
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Replonges
dallas
“A little dated, charming nevertheless....like France overall.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

On our way from Geneva to the Beaujolais region we needed a place to stay overnight and recoup from our transatlantic travel the previous night. La Huchette fits the bill just fine....if you don't mind the dated look of the place. The service is friendly and hospitable. The beds were great (hard), so were the pillows (old fashioned - hard - down). The dinner menu at Euro 39 was delightful without being gourmet or chi-chi. If you're a Holiday Inn Express affectionado this is not the place. If you enjoy the slower, somewhat rumpled and well-pattined side of life: La Huchette will do great. I recommend it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank dh2dallas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

All that Novotel (pretends to) offer - is there.

- you can park in front of the door
- you are close to the autoroute
- you can travel (alone!) with a baby and be comfortable

and more

The house / hotel is beautiful, and there is not one room which I did not find tastefully decorated, more like a 5 Star hotel. No super-modern gimmicks, yes, but than we find these out-dated and ugly in ten years time.

- I could have dinner in my room, which was very good and I did not even have to ask for it. (This might not be possible in the high season, I was traveling in the quiet winter season).
- As I was traveling with a baby I was even offered help with ma luggage, although only the owners where "on duty", whereas in Novotel a room full of staff looked the other way.

We have a house in Spain and my family has not been able to find a place like this in the last 30 years - and La Huchette has been around for more than that.

Honestly, one of the best hotels I have stayed in for a long time. Big chains will never be able to reach the level of service of a family owned property, even the 5 Star ones!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mvbundemb
overijse
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Years ago we stayed several times in La Huchette. Good memories. Reading the ratings on Trip advisor, we wanted to check these negatif items. But once again, our experience was good, spacious rooms, not much luxury, but friendly, good food and lots of nature around, despite the nearby autoway.
Dont' expect a modern decoration, but the lounge is comfortably calm and the lovely restaurant
perfect for a good dinner when you are on you way to the south or up to the north.
Dont' expect too much for the Booking.com prize and you will satisfied..

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Having read the reviews below and having spent a night in the hotel in August 2011 I have to agree with the following statements: Yes, the rooms and the interior is somewhat outdated. Yes, the family service is decidedly within the boundries of French hospitality. And Yes, the supper at the restaurant wasn't anything beyond solid home cooking in and oversized dining room with a good wine list. Hence, no it is not worth 4-Stars. However, it all depends on what you expect and on your ability to deal with imperfections. The rooms are clean, the rooms are charming, the garden is nice and the pool area was kept in good order. The owners are friendly if you start (or try) to speak French and Madame was kind enough to share a desert recipe with our friends from to US who of course found the place 'fantastic'! No, It's not a place where you want to spend a week, no. But frankly, we had a good time. To stay for one night after a long drive, I really can recommend it. Cars are safely parked under huge trees, the motorway is nearby and the place has something unique, it has charisma...something special for which I am ready to pay a little more than I would staying at a an Ibis...or Holiday Inn for that matter. Look at it as a good 3-star Hotel when you book it and you won't be disappointed but pleasantly surprised.

Room Tip: We had two huge rooms with connecting doors for the kids and us. Perfect.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Launcelot77
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I am grateful to the Tripadvisor reviewer who recommended this hotel to me via one of the forums. We normally drive from London to Nice in one hit - but this year fancied an overnight stay on the way home. Macon is around halfway and La Huchette was a cracking choice of hotel.

It's a bit shabby chic but the owners were delightful (and clearly hard-working and attentive). The hotel is a little 1970's in parts but spotless and well looked after with lovely lounge areas and a pool.

Dinner was lovely (without being spectacular) and we had a really pleasant stay (the room has air conditioning and the bed was large and comfy.

The only alternative to this would be a quick stop-over in an Ibis or similar - but the price is about the same (I guess at an Ibis you'd possibly eat more cheaply.

Anyway - whenever we stop-over on the way down south or on the way back home - this'll get my vote every time. Nice place - nice people.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank LondonJohnD
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

The English-speaking staff at La Huchette were very helpful including ironing my shirt. It is nicely located off the main motorway due south. Our superior room was spacious. the building is located on the main road, which despite the hedge, you can can still hear some of the traffic. Not really an issue in the dead of the night though.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wkspang
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

As we pulled up to La Huchette in our car the hotel looked beautiful and very much the 4 star that it is rated. Unfortunately this is where my compliments for this hotel come to a halt. The hotel is run by a family and this means that the reception desk was hardly ever manned and you had to wonder around the place looking for the management if you needed anything as no one was ever around. I ended up having to ask their daughter most of my questions (she was around 10 years old). The rooms were very dated and drab (circa 1970s flower wallpaper and carpet) and the bathroom was no better. Our rooms did not have any of the usual books and info you would get at a 4 star hotel.
The hotel advertises the fact that it has an outdoor swimming pool. It would have been nice if there was actually any water in it and it was functioning!! It was pretty hot when we visited and I was disappointed that there was no pool! The owners didnt seem too bothered by it.
We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant as it was pretty pricey, so we ended up going into town which is a 5 min drive and full of restaurants along the river.
I'm amazed at how this hotel has been awarded 4 stars. I have stayed at many hotels and this one definitely is rated a 3 star in my books. I do not believe the price the hotel charges for the rooms is reflective of what you actually get.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deepa1

Travelers are raving about these Replonges hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Replonges
Hotel Concorde
Hotel Du Nord
Hotel Du Nord
#8 of 29 in Macon
Mercure Macon Bord de Saone

Been to Hostellerie La Huchette? Share your experiences!