“pretentious owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Littre

Le Littre
Reserve with
Le Littre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Avranches
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located between Caen and Rennes, in the heart of the Bay of Mont Saint Michel therefore the crossing remains a remarkable and unforgettable ride. Chief Charles Bazin and his team offer traditional cuisine using fresh local produce and quality! Recommended by the Routard among others, do not hesitate and pass the doorstep of our restaurant to discover a warm and friendly atmosphere!
London, United Kingdom
“pretentious owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

fish full of bones and horrible service. prices far to high for crap food and service

1 Thank lise05

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“For the perfect evening of French in Avranches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

We stumbled upon this restaurant last year on our way home from our holiday. It was such a memorable and magical evening that we made sure we visited again this year and it lived up to expectation.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and has a wonderful ambience. Larger groups of diners (we were 6 adults and 3 children) are seated at oval or round tables which meant we could converse with ease. The service was excellent and the owner is always present to make sure everything runs perfectly. Our food was delicious and my only gripe was that they had run out of the dessert that I asked for - never mind, it'll be a good excuse to return there again. I recommend booking a table because this is a very popular restaurant and it really will give that quintessential French dining experience.

Raleigh, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A restaurant in Avranches not to me missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stumbled upon Le Littre on my first visit to France in 1979. It was a revelation. The first meal was so delicious that I returned at least twice more on my brief visit to Avranches. It was classic family French, but prepared to perfection. The atmosphere was wonderful, clearly a favorite of the community, not overtly catering to tourists, but warmly welcoming. I remember an older man, obviously a regular customer, who's bottle of wine was tied off with a napkin and reserved for his next visit. I remember family dogs being allowed in. I never forgot the experience. I returned to Normandy in 2007 on business and realized I had the opportunity to revisit Avranches in hopes of finding Le Littre still in business. To my great delight, it was. The recent experience was just as rewarding as before, almost thirty years ago. Now I know that it's owed to the loving stewardship of its proprietor, Marie-Agnes Nivard, who opened the restaurant in 1977, two years before my first visit. I look forward to returning someday and can only hope M. Nivard will still be running the show.

1 Thank NCMA