“The best pizzas in the World”
Review of La Baldoria

La Baldoria
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Monflanquin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The owner is very welcoming and the food is always excellent offering something for everyone (including Vegetarians)

Well travelled brother-in-law rates pizzas as the best he has ever eaten!

Restaurant open all year round helping to keep the village vibrant.

There are newer reviews for La Baldoria

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The pizza was really thin with not much topping, the other food was not cooked properly and presented like a lank piece of meat that was very tough and seemed to have been deep fried in something past its sell by date. When this was pointed out the staff they just said I will inform the chef but nothing else was done about it, no one came to talk to us about it.
The service from the waitress was very good but that's all it offers, not value for money at all, worst food we ever had in France

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were welcomed with warmth. The menu is well priced and the food delicious. There was no problem in requesting slight changes to the advertised pizzas. We shall look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was the best meal of our trip without a doubt.

We sat outside on the deck/terrace in the evening sun.

The waiter (possibly the owner) was on his own and although busy,he provided such a great service making sure we were well looked after.

My dad had the duck salad and my mum had the parma ham for starters, both of which looked and tasted great.

Being somewhat unadventurous, 4 of us had the stonebaked pizzas (I wholly recommend the Messicana!) and they were perfect. My mum had the pasta carbonara, which was served with a half egg shell on the top, within which was the egg yolk that you mix into the pasta and cook yourself. I thought this was quite novel (although apparently it's quite common!) and the pasta tasted delicious.

We all had desserts - lovely Carte D'or Ice creams for my sister and I, profiteroles for my mum and tarte tatins for my boyfriend and dad. They all went down a treat!

The meal was great value - Just over 120e for 3 starters, 5 mains, 5 desserts and lots of wine, beer and soft drinks.

We had a lovely evening - well recommended.

2  Thank irishdoll2109
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We have just returned from another evening meal at La Baldoria. The staff in this pleasant pizzeria are welcoming and cheerful, the food is very good and the service attentive and helpful. The Pizza Coppa and the Pizza Messicana are particularly tasty, the Mare et Monte Pasta is very good and the veal choices are all worth trying; we always come away praising the way in which we have been welcomed and the food we have enjoyed. If you want a relaxed , informal evening meal try La Baldoria - you will not be disappointed!