“all was great except....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights

Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
Muskegon, Michigan
“all was great except....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed last night and night before(4-20-13).When you go to stay in a hotel/motel with a nationwide name like Red Roof you expect a certain level of friendliness...neither front desk girl either day when we checked in or 2 days later after we checked out....neither employee smiled at us even once. Housekeepers did however....I worked hotels of various names from Holiday Inn to Best Western and no one ever made it past my desk without a BIG welcoming smile..EVEN at 3 a.m. during my audit......if they don't want the job lots of other unemployed people do.... and they would do it with a smile.....Otherwise this hotel seemed very nicely run.....great room.... great breakfast...bad area but you don't really notice, if you stick to seaway drive....was rather annoying to check in with my children and be questioned as to if i was having a party....either have a no party policy paper or don't mention it...I felt singled out....was sort of rude.....otherwise kids loved it.....pool is 4 feet deep which is great for bigger lil kids.......need to clean green hot tub....but have seen worse....If you want a great value, ($55.00 on weekend is unreal!)good cable(HBO)....comfy bed, YUMMY breakfast, family atmosphere, Red Roof Inn of Muskegon Heights has it.....

Room Tip: Take first floor room so you don't have to yell if your kids jump up and down......more relaxing...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize for the way you felt about the staff during your stay with us. All of the staff members at Red Roof Inn & Suites of Muskegon have worked very hard throughout this renovation; not only in the rooms, but through training to offer better customer service and to increase the level of guest satisfaction. I would like to let you know that our pool and spa facilities are tested on a daily basis, and quarterly water samples completed to ensure that our facilities meet local and state code requirements. I would like to thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Red Roof Inn & Suites ~ Muskegon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
West Branch, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

From the neighborhood and outside you wouldn't expect the rooms to be that great but it was Amazing. I had a king suite with Jacuzzi and the room was beautiful and spacious with a separate sitting room! Only downfall was some hairs in Jacuzzi when we went to fill it. Beds were super comfy and Harwood floors were a nice touch. Meijer and other things right down the road.Thankfully because Pop machine had extremely warm drinks! for how cheap it was I was EXTREMELY impressed!! Thank you R.R.I and staff!!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments about Red Roof Inn & Suites of Muskegon with other travelers on TripAvdisor. I am glad that you were able to enjoy one of our spacious, recently renovated Jacuzzi Suites. As with an older building, there is a lot of Maintenance and up keep to keep things in proper working order. I would like you to know that Pepsi company has been out this week and serviced the pop machine you spoke about and it is working properly now, along with the rest of the machines within the facility. Thank you again for sharing your experience with other travelers, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Muskegon.

Red Roof Inn ~ Muskegon
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was on the road for 9 hrs and needed a room for a few hours rest and head for home n the morning googled places n the area bout hour before we arrived started calling around looking for an available room at a reasonable price since we were getting n at 430am and would be out by 10-11am nobody wanted to give us a discount since we where coming n so late not only did red roof inn have the best rate at about half of the other places the gal got me set up with the redi card a 10% discount and a .40 cent off gas and a great breakfast. The reviews I read on Google wasn't the greatest but we jus needed couple hours of sleep. Not sure where the folks stayed that left the reveiws I read but sure wasn't the red roof inn n muskegon. The place was great from the time we checked n with a hour notice to the time we checked out. Very warm pool wish we had time to use it. Clean room and gd breakfast. All staff we incountered where very friendly. Will b n the area again n July and will definately b back. Thanks red roof inn for the great stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Valued Guest
I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Red Roof Inn of Muskegon on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that the staff here was able to get you into a room quickly after your 9 hour road trip, and that the Inn met your expectations. Now that you are a RediCard member, you will be receiving emails frequently about upcoming specials and promotions. I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Red Roof Inn ~ Muskegon
Johannesburg, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

You wouldn't know it by looking at the outside (and the location) as the outside looked a little dreary pulling in at dark and the area had an industrial park feel. BUT, this hotel had super staff, VERY clean, comfy bed (extra pillows), and a huge breakfast! I was surprised that for the price (so cheap!) how nice it truly was. So much so that when I was leaving in the morning I had to tell the guy at the front desk how nice everything was. I also asked about the "no party" information in the hotel book in your room and he said they used to sometimes get kids renting hotel rooms and having parties but they are extremely strict now and you are warned and then the police are called. They've pretty much put a stop to it. Granted, when I visited for work it was winter - perhaps these are summer issues that used to or occasionally crop up but I saw none of it. The breakfast in the morning looks like a buffet, has a nice seating area with TV, couch, breakfast tables, etc... I couldn't get over how surprised I was at how nice/clean everything was for the price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a tripadvisor.com review, and for all of the positive feedback regarding the Red Roof Inn of Muskegon. During the renovation we have painted all of the rooms and hallways, installed new flooring, furniture, flat screen TV's, etc. and I am glad to hear that you were pleased with this. We are planning to work on the "exterior" of the property starting in the early spring, and I hope you choose to stay with us on your next trip to check out these exterior changes. I would like to thank you again for all of your positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Red Roof Inn & Suites ~ Muskegon
West Henrietta, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

New, remodeled rooms with flat screen TVs. Clean and quiet. Friendly staff at the front desk. I would recommend this location because I had no issues or complaints at all. This hotel has the best bang for the buck in town. There are cheaper hotels in town but none can beat the quality vs. price of the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0712, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor.com guest survey. I appreciate your comments and positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn & Suites of Muskegon. I am glad that you were very pleased with the completed renovation, and that the room and our amenities were up to your expectations. I will make sure to share your compliments and comments with the rest of our team.

Michael Ramsey
Assistant Manager
Red Roof Inn & Suites of Muskegon
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

New rooms,great staff. Will be returning as soon as I can. The king size rooms are fabulous,and they are pet friendly as we'll.if your looking for a place to relax,and just get away,here it is. If you need anything,he front desk clerks are so willing o help you with what ever it may be.

Room Tip: Great front desk employees
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for the positive feedback regarding Red Roof Inn 712 of Muskegon Heights. I am glad that you were very pleased with the completed renovation, and that the room was up to or exceeded your expectations. Our staff members are very friendly and try to do all they can to accomodate guests needs, and I am glad that they made you feel this way as well. I would like to thank you again for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Muskegon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rented a room for business in town. Hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly, and the price was great! I didn't have time to use the pool, but the continental breakfast was a great way to save some time before hitting the road again. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in "A" wing - it's right near the pool and fitness room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I would like to thank you for the positive feedback, and I look forward to passing this information on to the rest of the staff. I am glad you enjoyed the continental breakfast, and that it saved you some time in the morning. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and hopefully during your next stay you will have time to enjoy the pool and hot tub.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon Heights
Hampton Inn Muskegon
Hampton Inn Muskegon
#2 of 13 in Muskegon
4.0 of 5 stars 283 reviews

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights? Share your experiences!