“Short & Sweet”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rented a room for business in town. Hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly, and the price was great! I didn't have time to use the pool, but the continental breakfast was a great way to save some time before hitting the road again. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room in "A" wing - it's right near the pool and fitness room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback, and I look forward to passing this information on to the rest of the staff. I am glad you enjoyed the continental breakfast, and that it saved you some time in the morning. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and hopefully during your next stay you will have time to enjoy the pool and hot tub.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently stayed here for a couple nights to get away on vacation see some old friends. Upon arriving I was greeted and the staff were pleasant and helpful. We entered our room and it was just gorgeous. Very modern and the bed was so comfortable. We went in the hot tub and pool both were nice and warm. After leaving for dinner and coming back I dropped some cash that a housekeeper came up to me and returned Thank you so much Judy for being an honest woman. Upon checkout it was so quick and easy everything was ready to go. I know it looks like a bad area but things are turnin around. Also it's very close to some great eats.

• Stayed: December 2012
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your positive review, and look forward to sharing your comments with the staff here at Red Roof Inn 712 of Muskegon Heights, MI. I am glad that you enjoyed your recently renovated room, along with the pool and hot tub. We believe in treating people as we would want to be treated ourselves, and I am glad that Judy made you feel the same way by returning the money you had dropped. We look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The neighborhood is not good. Hotel under much needed construction. Our room was updated except bugs all over the curtains in the morning. Dreadful. Manager said "sorry. Betbthat was icky". I do not recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sallyr399
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We apologize that your stay was not what you hoped. We have renovated the hotel and most guests are pleased with the changes. This area is a distressed area due to the economic downturn several years ago. However; things are changing in this area as the job and housing market is on the upswing. I am not sure about the bugs in your room. We have regular pest control and it is unfortunate that you had issues in your room. You were the first and hopefully the last guest who had issues.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon the staff was real friendly, and I talked to a bunch of different staff members all had a great personality. We got a honeymoon suit with the king bed and jacuzzi tub the room was nice and clean and a warm welcome after a four hour driver. The area around the hotel is not the greatest there r closed down buildings but what do u expect with the way the economy is to date. I am a 100 percent country boy and the area that this hotel is isnt real all that bad in my eyes. i would defiantly stay again.

P.S. they r going through some renovation right now so that is a down fall and there breakfast is not the best selection

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

We enjoyed reading your kind review. I especially liked when you referred to yourself as a 100% country boy. We were happy to serve you and that you enjoyed your room. We are wrapping up the renovation. It took longer than expected however; that is not unusual for a 127 room hotel. We started from the bottom up. There is a sense of satisfaction and preservation in "recycling" an older building. It may be true that the drains are a little slower than a brand new building but an older building does have a personality and character. We do serve a continental breakfast which consists of pastries, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee (lots of it), juices and milk. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about us. We certainly hope we can serve you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

we stayed last saturday .our room was not ready so we got a free upgrade.we loved the room it was great..we didnt get to enjoy the pool because the same people was in it for hours.running and jumping into the pool.if we can get the same room then we would love to come back here next years.we liked that there was a lot of lighting outside in the parking .the construction looks to be amost done.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello and thank you for your kind review. It is refreshing and energizing to show reviews like yours to the employees that have put in so much time above and beyond what is required. It is good to see people working on the renovation who were unable to find work. We have been fortunate to have skilled employees during this renovation. We are happy you had a good time and we look forward to serving you again next year.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Such was not the case. Although the reviews posted were mixed i was impressed that the manager was often conscientious enough to write a response - - -so figured there would be some accountability. The fact that the manager said construction would be done by the end of July made me hopeful that when I set up the Aug 4 & 5 reservations for my parents things might be back to normal. Well, the tv didn't work, the coffee pot was broken, my fathers key card didn't work so he was stuck out in the rain (outdoor entrance), the curtains wouldn't close enough to block out the light, the AC ran on and off all night, and the hallway was still well under construction. They paid ~$219 for the two nights and were offered a mere $25 in compensation. Overall it was a lousy introduction to the Red Roof chain of hotels. Never again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Darlene Z
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

I have read your review and would like to offer the following comments. I apologize that your family's stay wasn't what you or they expected. The renovation has taken a bit longer than expected however, the rooms were ready for guests. I am not sure why the TV didn't work as I checked it the next day and it was working. I am not sure if your parents called the front desk to inform us of the problems. If they had, we would have been happy to provide a different TV and coffee pot. I checked the draperies. The light does filter a little through the sides however, they do block light as intended. The A/C will come on when the temperature is higher than the set temperature. I am sorry that your father had to stand out in the rain due to the key card. They are a little finicky sometimes and I apologize for the inconvenience. We would like the opportunity to serve you in future if you or your family are in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I almost always stay at Red Roof Inns. They're clean, comfortable and usually in nice areas. We'd made a reservation here to conclude our vacation, but when we saw the area it was in, we hesitated. We were going to give it a chance but when we pulled around the side of the building and saw what appeared to be a drug deal taking place, we decided to drive the remaining 3 hours home. Sorry.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank linpinpin

I have read your review and thank you for your satisfaction with the new rooms, cleanliness, and service we provided. I do not think what you witnessed was a drug deal. We have camera's outside and inside the hotel as most hotels do. I reviewed the cameras on the date of your stay. I cannot be positive however, I did see people meeting but it looked as if one person gave another person a pack of cigarettes. I am confident in our security measures. I apologize that you had to experience an uncertain situation and that you didn't feel safe. I would like the opportunity to serve you again in future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon Heights
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 12 in Muskegon
Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights? Share your experiences!