“Best French Cuisine”

Relais de Gabillou
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Sourzac
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Relais de Gabillou offers menus designed around local produces and local flavors served at the warmth of the fire place in the winter or at the shade of the vine on the terrace in the summer, efficient and friendly service comes to complete a team of highly motivated chefs who proud themselves in using fresh produces.
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Best French Cuisine”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Being a South African we aren't as lucky as the French when it comes to choice of fine foods, so I enjoy my trips to France and mostly for the food. At Relais De Gabiillou I had one of the best meals I've ever had in France, The service was great, and the waitress/host was very attentative and followed up on our enjoyment of the meal. The setting is typical and if the weather is good I reccomend the terrace as I could have sat there all day. I met the Chef Jerome who was a great host and I was extremely surprised at his English which is always a bonus and made me feel really welcome. All in all exeptional food and a great day, well worth the visit. Thanks

Thanks again

• Visited June 2014
gaudrejerome, Propriétaire at Relais de Gabillou, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your very encouraging comment; I did pass it on to my staff that was very happy to see that our daily effort in satisfying our guest were appreciated.

It was a pleasure to have met you and I’m pleased that you enjoyed our food and consider the meal that was served to you for one the best you had during your trips to France.

I’m also very happy that you enjoyed our beautiful terrace and the service provided by my colleague.

Hoping to see you again in the future.

Kind regards.

Mr Gaudré.

London, United Kingdom
“Our many visits to Gabillio”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Jerome Gaudre is the head chef and owner and worked in England (Leeds) for several years prior. He is a friendly and happy man who is willing to say hello and discuss dishes with you.
We have always enjoyed our visits to Relay Gabillou as a couple, family and larger group on other occasions. Food is presented wonderfully and is tasty.
Staff are very friendly and the decor is pleasing.
We always return when we visit the area.

• Visited August 2013
gaudrejerome, Propriétaire at Relais de Gabillou, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of all here, we wanted to thank you for your kind comment on our tripadvisor page, it was very nice to have seen you again and discuss dishes and food with you; I’m also pleased that you find my food and presentation to your liking, we do try very hard to please every customer and it is indeed pleasant when our hard work is appreciated.

Thank you very much once.

Kind regards.

Mr Gaudré.
sainte foy la grande
“"Slow Service Beinal"”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

As part of this Group I just wanted to say that yes, there was a delay but this was due to the the fact that we were waiting for one member and the Restaurant agreed to delay service to see if they turned up (they didn't). Not all our members were aware of this and we should perhaps have let everyone know why the 12.30 pm start was delayed. Also, although the seating arrangements had been agreed beforehand, some members requested to have the tables altered - this was done willingly even though they were busy serving other customers. The quality of the food and general ambience of the Restaurant were first class. Once service began it was excellent.

• Visited February 2014
gaudrejerome, Propriétaire at Relais de Gabillou, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and for explaining to the TripAdvisor community the reasons why your lunch didn't start at the planned hour, I'm very happy to see that indeed your group was happy with the all experience in my establishment and look forward to welcome you ladies again for yet another enjoyable lunch.

kind regards

Bordeaux, France
“Slow service!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Good food but not always hot when it should be.
Pleasant staff but slow service.

Went there with a group of 18 ,meal should have started at 12,30...by one O clock we were still waiting....no water or bread on the table...after I complained the lady of the ...house....started to serve. She was very pleasant but not in an hurry.

Have been there before and enjoyed the food but count at least 2h.30 to have your meal...IF you are lucky!!!!!

• Visited February 2014
Dear Madame,

Thank you for your comment on our page.

I do recall very well your group and I must confess that I was somehow surprised with your comment, having spoken to some of the ladies after the service, they all seemed rather delighted with the all experience as usual, it isn't indeed the first time that your club organize a luncheon with us for the ladies to enjoy nice food between friends, take the time to discuss and chat in a nice relaxing atmosphere and every time it encounter a total success.

I do take very seriously our customers opinion and felt that I must clarify the reasons why your lunch didn't started at 12.30 but 1 pm, it is simply because we had to change the table arrangement that was planned before hand to suit everyone request and make everybody comfortable, also, your group was waiting for 1 more lady, who unfortunately never arrived.

Kind regards

Lille, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Perfect from start to end!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had a great dinner with my girlfriend at Relais de Gabillou! Perfect from start to end!
We decided to sit in the terrace and enjoy our meal in the warm french clima.
Our starters where just perfect, the main course out of these world followed by an enourmous choice of cheese wich Angelique (the waitress) was very knowlagable of wich was surprisingly amazing all her sugestions and details, i couldn't forget to mention about the pudding wich just as good as letting us crying to come back as soon as possible!
Jerome the English speaking french chef and owner came to see us at the table and had a little fun chat with us all making sure our visit was the most pleasent!
I can sugest Relais de Gabillou to you any time any day without a daught!

• Visited June 2013
gaudrejerome, Owner at Relais de Gabillou, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on my establishment, it was a real pleasure to have met you and your girlfriend and I'm very pleased to read that your meal was up to your expectation and that every course you ate was such a success, as you mention the selection of cheeses on our cheese board is rather large and is very popular with our customers, ensuring everyone founds what they like.

I want to thank you once again for your comment as we do try our best to satisfy every guest and it is very encouraging when those efforts get noticed.

Kind regards