After a long day of travel from Burgundy we arrived at the Chateau de la Cote. We had great expectations bc of the appearance of the exterior and the misleading photos of the interior. The location was very remote, happened to be much too far from the area we had planned to see during our stay. We had booked 3 nights. We informed the desk clerk immediately on arrival that we would only be staying for one night bc of the remote location. The clerk was completely rude and inappropriate in his attitude, saying we would have to pay for the full stay no matter what. When we saw our room, we were also convinced this was not the place for us. We then went to dinner, waiting for one hour and 15 minutes before being served any food at all. the service was beyond terrible. I felt bad for the staff who were clearly out of their element, untrained it would appear.
Let me say, the exterior of this chateau is lovely. the inside is creaky, old, and not at all what one would expect from a chateau property. We have stayed in many chateau hotels in France which have been delightful in every way. This one was not at all. A complete Disappointment.
We left the following morning even though the hotel staff said we would be charged for the full 3 nights. the cancellation policy states that you would only be charged for one night if you cancelled.
When we returned home we contacted our Visa claims department, explained the situation and requested they refund our card for those other two nights. the did an investigation and they did give us the refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of green Périgord , situated between Périgueux and Brantome, " discover the charm of the past, in one of the most beautiful castles of the Dordogne hotels , whose origins date back to the fifteenth century."17 rooms and suites, spacious and bright , with antique furnishings combined with modern comforts. Each has its own character and offers stunning views over the rolling countryside and the old park . Romantic " les Moulineaux " suite with canopy bed has a private access to the terrace of the dungeon. Absolute calm. Pets allowed .The castle restaurant : generous traditional and gourmet cuisine based on fresh, seasonal and local produce prepared by our chef Marie Verdier . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau De La Cote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Cote Hotel Brantome
- Chateau De La Cote Brantome