“Excellent knowledge and good fun”

Villa St Simon Wine Day Tours
Ranked #9 of 13 things to do in Blaye
More attraction details
Owner description: Villa St Simon offers private wine tours to the Medoc, St Emilion, Sauternes, Côtes de Blaye & Côtes de Bourg. We visit Grand Cru Classé chateaux as well as the less known jewels of the Bordeaux region. All-day tours with coached wine tastings, english speaking guide, air-conditioned chauffeuring, maximum of 8 participants.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent knowledge and good fun”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've been to Villa St Simon twice now, both times I did the Wine Tasting Debunked with Les and both times learnt a lot. Les really knows his wines, as does Thomas.

During our first stay we toured local vineyards which was brilliant.

On our latests stay there was a wine festval on in Blaye which Les and Thomas gave us a tour of and it was brilliant.

I would highly recommend a wine tour with Les and/or Thomas when in the area.

Visited April 2014

NZ
226 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 258 helpful votes
“Best Bordeaux wine tours..............period”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

In our experience, THIS is the best Bordeaux wine tour......period. Great bonhomie, love of subject, knowledge & experience (he knows everybody & has access to the top Chateaux), value (others may be dearer, but nobody does it better than Les @ Villa St Simon Wine day Tours. Many repeat visitors, us included. Top choice and highest recommendations.

Visited July 2013
North Canton, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Glad we did the Medoc tour”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We decided to splurge and take tour of the Medoc. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and felt like Leslie really made the day special. We toured two chateaux and a carriage museum. Our lunch was relaxed and enjoyable. Leslie provides a wealth of information as well as just good conversation. We would recommend this tour.

1 Thank buddiesforlife
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of our trip to France!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We had a wonderful time with Les and Clarissa. The B&B was comfortable. We felt right at home and really felt we were on an exclusive tour with friends to show us around. We would love to go back and learn more about wine from Les who has a wonderfully insightful and refreshing attitude about sharing his extensive knowledge.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Melissa-Robert I
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfection. Hospitality, soft bed and wine”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Leslie Kellen is possibly the world's greatest host. From the moment I dropped him an email through to being driven to the airport and a gifted bottle of wine shoved into my bag, I was enraptured with the beauty that is Les, Billa St Simon and the peacefulness of Blaye. Les has an infectious sense of humour and a charismatic nature which makes you feel at ease instantly. He went out of his way to embrace me as a member of the house rather than a "guest" and I will return as soon as I can.Thanks Les and sorry it took me so long to write this.

Visited March 2011