“EXTREMELY OVER PRICED...FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon

Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“EXTREMELY OVER PRICED...FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

First of all for $145/night you would expect to have an immaculate hotel room. That was not the case. It smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room, the bathroom had "leftovers" from the previous visitors, no fan in the bathroom, carpet was wrinkled needed updating, the tv was ancient and kept losing signal on the clearest of nights and the air conditioner smelled like vomit and made a clicking noise all night. I finally had to wake up at 2 or 3 to shut it off and suffer the heat. The toilet in the bathroom would automatically start re-filling the water supply. Then came the breakfast. I had to wait in line 15 mins to get waffles in the smallest dining room i had ever seen then when it was finally my turn to bake my batter, the electrical breaker blew because of everything that was plugged in on that wall. Took 15 mins for that to get fixed.

Even though had to pay $60 to go to Michigans Adventure this was by far the biggest rip off of the weekend. I'm not saying this would happen to you but why gamble with $150. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BestLifeFOREver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
nonya
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were to travel there for a wedding that was eventually cancelled. I called to give three weeks cancellation notice and the manager Kaeten would not cancel our reservation. As a matter of fact he charged our card within an hour of our first cancellation call to him. We paid for a full weekend and never took the trip. He was outwardly rude and lacked any people skills. I would not recommend dealing with that "manager" or the hotel. His Customer Service skills were the most unprofessional I have ever dealt with. In this economy, you must make exceptions to rules knowing you have plenty of time to re-book the room and make your money. And I believe three weeks was plenty of time to do so.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank NeverAgainBaymont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed with my family over the weekend while visiting Michigan Adventure. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable! Good price for what we needed. Near the park and freeways. Overall it was an alright hotel but there are better around the area.

• Stayed August 2010
Carol Stream, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

I was in town to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation. After the graduation and a small gathering, I arrived at the hotel at around Midnight. I went through the process at the front desk, received my room key. Upon entering the room I WALKED IN ON ANOTHER GUEST. Luckily for me the guest was still up. Could have been very bad if I had walked in while guests were sleeping or even worse as I am a male, what if I had walked in on a female guest. Went to the front desk for new room, they were minimally sorry for the situation. Even worse I have left over five messages for the manager and have never received a call back. I would never go here unless you want to share your room with someone that you do not know.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank med28
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

Our room was very clean. The service was excellent and staff was very friendly. The pool and hot tub are well kept. The king bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was descent. I suggest this hotel. It is close to the mall and easy access from both US31 and I96.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
New York state
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

The room was exceptionally clean and everything looked brand new. The hair dryer in the room was cracked, but I never notified the front desk because it worked just fine. I stayed for two nights and didn't partake in the breakfast, but was very pleased overall with my stay. Such a great bargain for only $60/night! I definitely plan to stay here in the future when I come back to Muskegon.

My only complaint was that there seemed to be some sort of kids' pool party going on and there were children running up and down the hall for a good portion of the evening.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

I should have paid a little more and stayed in a better hotel. There is nothing good to say about this property unless your just looking for a bed to rest your body. The bed was comfortable. The hotel showed it's years and is in need of some upkeep. The public areas a dirty, I passed on the breakfast, the pool area has a foul odor, the people behind the desk seemed to be put out when a guest asked questions. This property was not convient to anything and not easy to get to since there was road construction in the area. I find it diffucult that this property scored in the middle of trip advisor scoreing there is nothing special about this Baymount Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#7 of 12 in Muskegon
BEST WESTERN Beacon Inn
BEST WESTERN Beacon Inn
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon? Share your experiences!