“Very nice and comfortable lodging”

Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Houston, Texas
“Very nice and comfortable lodging”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here for two nights, and was pleasantly surprised by the room I had - much nicer than I had expected for the price. The room was large, with a king size bed (very comfortable), TV with cable, iron and board, inroom safe, etc. The bathroom was very clean, and everything functioned properly. The front desk was very friendly (both after midnight when I checked in and early morning when I left. The location is not as convenient for Muskegon as some others, but I was actually visiting family south of town so it was a good location for my visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two young children. The staff were all very nice, friendly, and helpful. The pool room is beautiful with wood decor, lots of plants, and very inviting. The beds are the most comfortable that we've found in a hotel so far! We will definitley stay here when we come to Muskegon again because it is conveniently located a mile from the Lakes Mall and many chain restaurants and other shopping.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Harrow, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2010

The night before my wife and i left for what was a 5 hr trip to muskegon called the motel talked to a gentleman at front desk and he said the rates were 64.00 a night ,When we arrived the girl at the desk quoted us 89.00 a night. we told her about the gentlemans quote and she proceeded to tell us there was a price increase.We told her we found that very hard to believe that there would be a 25.00 price increase in 24 hrs. None the less we didn't stay. If no trust in their word there is no trust in the stay!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stay at the Baymont Inn every week for 3 to 4 days at a time, the staff is amazing and makes me feel at home. No matter what time I get back to the hotel I am greeted with a friendly "hello". It's so nice to see a friendly face when you are away from home. My room is always clean, the staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. I travel often for my job and this is by far the BEST hotel staff I have ever met. I would encourage everyone to stay at the Baymont Inn. I know I will not stay anywhere else. HUGH thanks to the Staff!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Reviewed August 30, 2010

First of all for $145/night you would expect to have an immaculate hotel room. That was not the case. It smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room, the bathroom had "leftovers" from the previous visitors, no fan in the bathroom, carpet was wrinkled needed updating, the tv was ancient and kept losing signal on the clearest of nights and the air conditioner smelled like vomit and made a clicking noise all night. I finally had to wake up at 2 or 3 to shut it off and suffer the heat. The toilet in the bathroom would automatically start re-filling the water supply. Then came the breakfast. I had to wait in line 15 mins to get waffles in the smallest dining room i had ever seen then when it was finally my turn to bake my batter, the electrical breaker blew because of everything that was plugged in on that wall. Took 15 mins for that to get fixed.

Even though had to pay $60 to go to Michigans Adventure this was by far the biggest rip off of the weekend. I'm not saying this would happen to you but why gamble with $150. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BestLifeFOREver
nonya
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were to travel there for a wedding that was eventually cancelled. I called to give three weeks cancellation notice and the manager Kaeten would not cancel our reservation. As a matter of fact he charged our card within an hour of our first cancellation call to him. We paid for a full weekend and never took the trip. He was outwardly rude and lacked any people skills. I would not recommend dealing with that "manager" or the hotel. His Customer Service skills were the most unprofessional I have ever dealt with. In this economy, you must make exceptions to rules knowing you have plenty of time to re-book the room and make your money. And I believe three weeks was plenty of time to do so.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank NeverAgainBaymont
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed with my family over the weekend while visiting Michigan Adventure. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable! Good price for what we needed. Near the park and freeways. Overall it was an alright hotel but there are better around the area.

• Stayed August 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#7 of 12 in Muskegon
Best Western Beacon Inn
Best Western Beacon Inn
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Muskegon? Share your experiences!