All reviews room was clean nice hotel muskegon area grand haven decent breakfast great place to stay complimentary breakfast is staff was very friendly exceeded expectations nice area hotel is located fitness center restaurants and shopping pool and hot tub business trip definitely stay here again other hotels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I decided to take a quick shower before bed and the shampoo and someone's hair are in the bathroom. Needless to say, I'm now feeling pretty skeptical on the rest of the cleanliness of the room. I understand some things can be missed but hairy soap and shower should not be one. Very disappointing. Hampton inn is usually a good choice but not today. Definitely not up to standard.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Laura P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Muskegon. I apologize about the issue that you experienced during your stay. I would love for you to contact myself or my AGM, Sheri at the property so we can better assist you. Please call the hotel at your earliest convenience. 231-799-8333

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is one of the best hotels I have stayed - and I travel extensively. The hotel is clean and well maintained from the lobby to the guest rooms. I could not find one area in need of repair or further maintenance. It is a great value for the cost. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I will stay at this property any time I am in the area.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn of Muskegon! We love to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable room with smiling faces! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel offers the usual quality standard of Hampton Inn. Very good rooms, beds and bathrooms. Friendly reception staff.
Good breakfast buffet but beware of morning staff member with very nasty character.
I came down for breakfast at 5:55 am and waited 5 minutes until breakfast would open at 6 am. The staff member meanwhile was gojng through some paperwork, she made it seem very important (...) at the reception desk. At 6 am, I told her that it was time to open the buffet but she categorically refused and according to her watch it was still 5 minutes before 6 am and continued to go through her “ paperwork”
An unacceptable and unrespectful attitude.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Muskegon! Thank you for taking the time to fill out a guest survey for us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I have already addressed my morning staff member on your concerns as you are aware. I sincerely apologize that she refused to open breakfast for you. Please be assured that will not happen again! I hope you are enjoying your trip! We would love to see you back for a future stay!

Reviewed September 11, 2018

Enjoyed our stay except that there was no pay preview channel but there is regular cable channels. The pool was clean and specious. The room clean but a bit outdated though this was supposedly delux kings room. Customer service was excellent. In summary, experience is excellent to those that don't know better but average to those used to top notch hotels & resorts.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Muskegon! Thank you for taking time to fill out a guest survey for our location. I agree that are rooms are getting a bit outdated. We are excited to start our new renovation process in 2019! Our cable system is in the works getting a overhaul too! I would love to see you back for future travel plans to the area. Have a great day!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

I enjoyed the service rendered, as well as the quality bedding and (for a simple - non-suite - room) it was furnished well and clean.This is not the first trip I've made to Hampton Inns. . .for good reason. Almost always have had a great quality sleep in a good environment. Thanks once again! -- Anita

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Laura P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn of Muskegon. Thank you for your feedback and comments. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you return in the future! Have a great day!