“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
New Berlin, United States
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I travel and stay overnight about once a month for business. This place is in my top 3. Great value for the accommodations. The room was spotless. Breakfast was great. The staff was wonderful. Pay the extra $20 a night. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert T, Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know how we are doing. It is wonderful to hear your warm regards and I will make sure to pass them onto our staff. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Muskegon.

Best, Robert Taylor General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Muskegon, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was extremely disappointed in my recent stay at this Hampton Inn. We had a recent power outage and decided that one night we would stay in a hotel to avoid freezing in our house. We knew that the Hampton Inns were always a good choice for the price. This location, however is the exception the rule. We had a very loud and obnoxious neighbors. I went and knocked on the door and politely asked if they could keep it down because my daughter had school in the morning and my husband & I had to work. They said they would...I was up until 1am listening to their conversations. The walls are paper thin.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank ma2kittlewittles
Robert T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Idette,

Thank you for your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Muskegon following the recent severe weather. I am sorry to hear you lost power and I hope everything has returned to normal for you now. I can certainly understand your frustration with some noisy neighbors in the hotel as we try to keep a peaceful and relaxing environment for all of our guests. We take complaints about noise very seriously especially in the late night hours and do not tolerate constant disruptions. Our staff should have been quick to respond to any complaints about noise and I apologize if you reported this to the desk staff and they did not act quickly enough to allow you to rest. Thank you for brining this to our attention and I will see what more we can do to preserve our quiet environment for you and any future guests at our hotel.

Robert Talyor
Walker, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We went 2 days with interrupted tv service in our room and they said sorry nothing we can do about it. We tried to hang out in the lobby with our friends and were told that it was not allowed, but we did it anyway to the displeasure of the counter staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

3 Thank Robert S
Dear Robert,

Please allow me to thank you for your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Muskegon and for offering a review on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize for the disruption in the television signal at the hotel. Our staff reacted as quickly as possible to contact the satellite provider to begin to fix the problem and I am rather disappointed in their response time over the weekend myself, I am so sorry the repair took as long as it did. As for the lobby, we enjoy having guests relax and congregate in the communal area. We always want our guests to feel at home anywhere in our hotel and I apologize if the staff did not convey this during your stay. I know the only restriction we place on the lobby is during the late night hours so as not to disturb nearby guest rooms. I hope that the next time you are in the Muskegon area you will give us the opportunity to show you a much better Hampton Inn experience.
Asheville, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The King Room on the 3rd floor was excellent, We came in very late and tired from driving 14 hours from North Carolina. All staff were friendly, courteous, and made us feel at home despite the late hour. Hotel was very clean and we would definitely stay here again. Breakfast food was great with many choices. I wish we'd had more time to enjoy the lovely pool and hot tub! I believe this is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I've stayed in!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert T, Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Kathryn, It is wonderful to hear that we were able to accomdiate your stay and provide both comfort and quality after having spent such a long trip on the road. We hope that you are able to stay with us again when you have more time to explore our pool and other amenities. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing on TripAdvisor. Regards, Robert Taylor General Manager
West Bend, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Loved it would stay here again. The staff was great and very helpful. We had a large group and they were wonderful. We came from Wicsinsin and were treated great. Plan on staying here again. We loved the pool and hot tub area

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Denise S
Dear Denise, It is our pleasure you and your group had such a pleasant stay with us and that our hotel staff was able to be a part of the memorable experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and let us know how we are doing. We absolutely hope to see you the next time you are in West Michigan. Best, Robert Taylor General Manager
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Clean hotel, friendly staff very helpful. Great breakfast, lots of healthy choices. Easy parking for loading and unloading. Warm clean pool. Hot Chocolate and coffee when we got there with a fireplace in the lobby made for a nice welcome on a cold cold day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert T, Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Traveler,

We are happy that you had such a great stay with us at the Hampton Inn Muskegon. It is always good to hear feedback from guests when we are on the right track and I will be sure to let the rest of the staff know about your kind comments. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the variety of option we provide for breakfast and enjoyed amenities such as our pool as well. We sincerely hope to see you on your future travels to West Michigan.

Best, Robert Taylor General Manager
Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night. I was very happy with the room as well as the lobby area, breakfast area, etc. The breakfast itself was great -- good selection and a clean area. The rooms are updated and the bathroom was really nice.
Will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robert T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Muskegon and sharing your positive thoughts on Trip Advisor. We are glad this stay exceeded your expectations, especially regrading the variety of our complimentary hot breakfast. We are also delighted you were able to enjoy the upgrades and amenities of our recent renovation. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Regards, Robert Taylor General Manager