“Construction started way to early”

Hampton Inn Muskegon
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Fruitport, United States
“Construction started way to early”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Construction crews started before 7 am bad spray paint smell. Breakfast is always good and the pool is a good temp but hot tub is always super hot. Staff could use a little more training but overall it was ok.

1 Thank Carmen F
Robert T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Carmen,

Please accept my apologies for the disruption to your stay caused by our recent renovations. I appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your feedback so we can continue to improve our performance while we seek to upgrade our property. It is my sincere hope that the changes we are making to the hotel will be well worth the temporary inconveniences to our valued guests. I hope your travels will bring you back to us again soon so we will have another opportunity to provide you with a clean, comfortable, and upgraded room for the relaxing stay that you should expect from the Hampton Inn Muskegon.

Robert Taylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent hotel and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms recently updated. The breakfast was excellent and the location was close to other attractions. I would recommend this hotel highly for both couples and for families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Muskegon. I am pleased you had a chance to see some of the upgrades we are making during our renovation! Work has been ongoing and we are now adding a great new look to our bathrooms in addition the work already done in the bedrooms. We will also be starting the changes to our lobby and breakfast area as well as the new and expanded fitness center. I hope the next time you are in the area you will have a chance to stay with us again and experience more of what both the Hampton and Muskegon have to offer!

Shelby Township, MI, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a problem with construction at the hotel. When I let the front desk know, they comped our room for the night right away. They were very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were completely satisfied. The rooms were nice, the breakfast was good and we appreciated them taking our problem seriously.

Dear Stacie,

I am very glad to hear we were able to meet your 100% satisfaction for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Muskegon. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to offer your review on Trip Advisor. I know our recent renovation has created a few inconveniences for our guests but we are striving to do our best to keep those to a minimum. Fortunately we are confident that the upgrades we are making to our hotel will be well worth the effort. I am sorry for the disruption to your stay but I hope you will be back with us again soon to see all the changes we have made and give us another chance to live up to the Hampton Satisfaction Guarantee.

ann arbor, michigan
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here one night during Labor Day weekend. The room was nice and comfortable, with a mini-fridge for our use and a microwave. There was a sleep-sofa as well as the king sized bed. The television offered a good selection of HD channels. The breakfast room was standard. Food at breakfast was varied, but the scrambled eggs were some kind of awful looking egg nuggets. Otherwise, there were waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal, and hot oatmeal.

The location of this hotel is a bit off the beaten track. You have to turn down a side road that dead-ends on freeway. I needed my GPS to find it.

1 Thank UnivMichTraveler
Dear UnivMichTraveler,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Muskegon and for taking the time to offer your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you found the room comfortable and well equipped for your stay. While the breakfast room may have seemed standard we are always striving to be anything but. As such we are currently undergoing an extensive renovation to upgrade our property. I hop when you have a chance to return to Muskegon you will be able to give us a look again to see all the changes. We will also see if there are any ways we can improve our breakfast offerings for our On the House Hot Breakfast so all of our guests can enjoy a delicious hot meal to start their day. Thanks again for taking the time to find your way to the Hampton Inn Muskegon.

Davison, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My kids had to sleep on the Floor and I was told to bad I had a discount so I wasn't as important as a customer as those who pd full price. i put in online for 2 queen beds and I got 1 king bed for 2 adults and 4 kids. The hotel staff was the one who told me if I reserved online it would be cheaper. my stay was thurs to sun this is the 2nd time Hampton has done this to me never again.

3 Thank Tamera K
Robert T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Tamera,

I am so very sorry about the experience you had on your visit to the Hampton Inn – Muskegon. We do our best to achieve 100% satisfaction for all of our guests and I am sorry that we failed you in that respect. I apologize for the disconnect in communication regarding the booking of your room and that we were unable to meet your specific room type request for your reservation. While the room with two queen beds may not have been available we do try to accommodate guests in the rooms with the king bed and pull out sleeper sofa as well to comfortably sleep the maximum number of people in each room type. Many larger families can also opt to request two adjoining rooms. In most cases we are able to meet each guests needs, during the busy summer travel season however, some room types are in particularly high demand and we cannot always guarantee their availability. Again, I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I hope Hampton Inn and Hampton Inn and Suites can still be of service to you in the future.

General manager
Silverdale, Washington
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Well this has been my 4th Hampton Inn I have posted a review on and this one did not disappoint either. Although they were currently renovating the 3rd Floor this did not cause any additional noise or problems. The room I had was two queens and had the usual military rate. A bit higher than I am used to but still OK. This time of year is the end of the vacationing season I was told so this was probably there last wind before the season winds down. Room was good. Had a slow draining bathroom sink and told the desk staff in the evening and it was fixed the next day after returning from my business engagement. Front staff were pleasant and assisted each it was needed. Breakfast was well stocked, clean and had someone taking care of all our needs. Good job folks!

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a better located room than another...front looks over a parking lot and the bac...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Robert T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Kevin,

I am so glad we did not disappoint you during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Muskegon! We are always striving to make sure our guests leave here extremely satisfied and even though we are going through a renovation to upgrade our property we still want everybody to have an enjoyable experience. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback and I will be sure to pass your comments along to the rest of the staff. We hope you’ll be able to return to us again soon to see the enhancements we are making to the property.

Rob T
General manager
Waunakee, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for a family wedding. Room was clean, amenities good. Kids enjoyed the pool. The continental breakfast was fine. There were scrambled eggs, French toast sticks, oatmeal and make your own Belgian waffles for hot options. All were decent and worth not having to bother to go somewhere else. Took a little while to get someone to the desk for check in, but otherwise service was good. Located near several restaurants and Target, so we could stock the mini fridge with snacks and beverages. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn - Muskegon and for taking the time to offer a review on our property through Trip Advisor. I am very pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable and I hope you had a great time at the wedding! I appreciate all the feedback we get because it helps us to deliver a better experience for you, our guest. I am glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our On the House hot breakfast to start your mornings off right. We are always reviewing the selection we offer to bring the best value to our guests.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Rob T