“Second Stay - still good”

Hampton Inn Muskegon
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This was my second stay at this location. Both on business.
I would not say this is a hotel to vacation at............its a bit far from anything to do with walking.
Its a great place if you have transport and want to drive.
One also has to drive to get a meal or even a snack, fortunately not far and there is a lot to choose from.
We were there when it was getting real cold and found the place very accessible from either sides of the building/parking areas.
Staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was good – as normal.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ossieosborn

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed there on business in the past and my wife and I stayed there on a Saturday night on our way to Silver Lake in July. Clean, Friendly and good service. Hampton has a very good continental breakfast. They always have something hot too, scrambled eggs or some other specialty of the day.
It always cracks me up, once you move up to a "higher class" hotel, you have to buy breakfast.
The hotel is close to Grand Haven and Muskegon beaches and sights. While in Grand Haven, stop in at the Kirby Grill. I HIGHLY recommend their MACHO NACHOs - and one of the best Bloody Mary's you'll find anywhere. That was so good we stopped back a week later on our way home.
- Good Travels!

1  Thank SinginJimmy
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We spent a couple nights with our kids at this Hampton Inn. The staff are very friendly. There's a decent breakfast and a decent pool. Our room was comfortable. A disadvantage is the distance from Muskegon, but the hotel is still a reasonable base for a vacation. The hotel is right by Target and other big stores, and so the immediate area is functional although not attractive. Having a Target with a Starbucks within walking distance is useful though.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Was farther from michigan adventures than I originally thought, however room was clean and the free breakfast was good. Close to a starbucks!

1  Thank familyofour64
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I don't normally write reviews but this one I owe it to other people who read tripadvisor.
This is a nice hotel, staff was courtous and they put is in a room that was on the top floor.
It was a very large, little outdated and the corner tub was scary but what I found out when I returned home is bedbugs in my suitcase.

I ended up having to get my house sprayed for the last six months to get rid of the eggs.
Do your self a favor- find another place...to be safe. Sorry took me so long to review the hotel but since I am returning to the area, I needed to get on my reliable trip advisor to find a new place to stay this summer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
18  Thank MSUSPARTAN98
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This Hampton has the typical ameneties of most--free breakfast, comfortable beds, flat screen tvs, clean rooms--but is showing its age a little. Located near a major shopping area in Muskegon, it's a convenient, though not scenic, site. The two issues I had were that the exercise room is paltry; really it's a closet with a treadmill, bike and elliptical machine. Also, I had major issues getting into the room--the key lock didn't work even after the front desk clerk disassembled it so I was trapped outside the room for quite a while. The employees were friendly however.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RickyBobbie
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I am a hilton honors diamond member and I stay at a lot of hilton properties. This was my first stay at the Hampton Inn in Muskegon, and I had a nice stay, except for my experience in breakfast. The ladies at the front desk were wonderful, the gentleman in the evening not so much, but still I felt welcome. My room was clean and comfortable, other than some kids in the hallway the night was pretty quiet. I could not blame some kids running around at 8:30, it was still early, and they were quiet by the time I was ready for bed. When I went for breakfast in the lobby the next morning, the breakfast host said good morning and seemed pleasant, until I let him know there was no waffle mix, or milk, or eggs. It was 9:30 in the morning and I was under the impression that this hampton inn was like any other, with breakfast running until 10. He gave me a dirty look, said okay thanks in an irritated tone, and went to the kitchen. He never did fill the eggs or waffle mix, but did fill the milk pitchers. I was dissappointed because that was the only part of my stay that was not enjoyable. I also noticed in the evening when I came down to warm up some food I had, that the breakfast area wasnt very clean. There was still waffle batter on the waffle mix holder, and encrusted food on the tool used to get the waffles out of the waffle maker. The microwave was also very dirty on the inside. I am almost glad that I did not eat breakfast because of the unclean conditions much later in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank jbarrara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
#9 of 12 in Muskegon
Best Western Beacon Inn
Best Western Beacon Inn
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven

Been to Hampton Inn Muskegon? Share your experiences!