“More than I expected but.....................”

Holiday Inn Muskegon
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Reviewed July 23, 2009

the pool was closed during our stay. We only planned a one night stay there and we are so glad we did. Our kids would have been disappointed if we were there during all of our trip and the pool was closed. We stayed at Michigan adventure longer since we could not swim at the hotel.
The hotel itself was nice. Everything looked fairly new and our room was nice and clean. The only negative things I would have to say are that we had little spiders hanging on the curtains in our room and our bathroom sink was clogged. We are not super picky so both of those things did not matter too much to us.
The beds were comfy and we had more than enough pillows and towels.
We signed up for the rewards program and we got 2 free breakfast coupons which we did not get to use since we overslept.
Our one night stay was ok but could have been better if the pool had been open. I found it disappointing that we were not made aware of that ahead of time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank lilmushroom
BWhitney, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2009

First, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Second, I would like to apologize for the pool being closed. It was an unexpected repair that needed to be made that day. You probably made your reservation before we posted it on our website and other booking channels as well as at check in. The hotel/ pool were just remodeled along with new beds, bedding and amenities. We hope you come back to Muskegon and get a chance to enjoy the pool next time. I did forward your review to the housekeeping & maintenance departments. Last, but definitely not least, CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a priority club member. You will enjoy the rewards especially the free breakfast! Please contact our Front Desk Manager so we can try to make this up to you by awarding you some priority club points. We value our guests and the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Muskegon

Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed 2 nights here for Bike Time 2009. The hotel is fabulous....clean, great beds, good food, over all everything was great. However during this huge convention of Bikers, the bar really went cheap on Saturday night by having the live entertainment as kareokee. The large group we came with, were really looking forward to kicking our heels up on the dance floor. Hopefully next year you hire a band or we will be going else where.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BlackhawkMichigan
BWhitney, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2009

Thanks for saying our hotel is a "fabulous place to stay". It is an especially great place during Bike Time. We are the HOST hotel and hiring a band instead of Karaoke is a great idea. Do you have any suggestions on what bands would be good to hire during Bike Time? Please contact the hotel directly with any suggestions. See you next year.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here in 3 rooms for the Summer Festival concerts (Joan Jett was great) and thought the hotel was great. Beds were wonderful, very clean, nice staff, good restaurant, nice location to walk around.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
BWhitney, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2009

THANKS for visiting us here at the Holiday Inn-Muskegon Harbor. The downtown location is an amazing place for the summer festivals. They are always a crowd pleaser. I was also pleased to have someone comment on our new pillow top mattresses and bedding. We are a recently remodeled hotel and appreciate you taking the time to comment about how nice our staff is and how they are keeping it so clean. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2009

We booked this room as a last minute getaway. My daughters ages 6 and 8 were so excited about the pool. When I checked in there was a sign that said "pool under construction of next 2 weeks" UGH! I thought we'd check out our room and see if it was worth staying even without a pool. The answer was a for sure "NO". Very standard. We called the Hampton Inn from the Holiday Inn room and made a reservation, gathered our things and left. If you are trying to decide between Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn, go with Hampton, It was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jojomagic
IHGManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2009

I sincerely apologize that the pool was closed for repairs during your attempt to stay with us. We strive to ensure each guest’s stay is memorable in quality and service but during your time with us, we clearly missed our mark. We appreciate your feedback and if time allows, I would like to extend an invitation for you to contact me directly to further discuss your experience.

B. Whitney

Reviewed April 7, 2009

Jim the Gas Man.
I have spent many nights at this Holiday Inn Muskegon. I have never been disappointed! the staff is first class and they know your name and what it is what you like! I walk in, they know my name, what I like to eat and drink. That means a lot to a person who has to spend time away from his family. Buffy, Nikkita, Jessica, and Nicole make me feel as if I were home with my family. to sum it all up... First class!!! I love it coming here and spending time with the staff.... Jim The Gas Man!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bigjaemo
Reviewed March 23, 2009

From the moment I checked in, I felt that the employees were happy to have me there. I was told that there were some renovations going on, but that it would not affect my stay with them, and it sure didn't. The room that I stayed in was newly renovated, it felt like I was the first person to stay in that room. What a great feeling. The location was fantastic. It was very close to resturants, and the company that I was in town to work with. The lounge and restaurant had very friendly staff and the food was delicious as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definetly be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JewelsChicago
IHGManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2009

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review describing your stay with us. We realize that you have many hotel options in the Muskegon area and we truly appreciate your patronage. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Muskegon Harbor and we look forward to your next visit!

B. Whitney

Reviewed November 13, 2008

This hotel is the worst. They do not care about their guests. The front desk people were very rude from the time I checked in and beyond. There was a band in the bar which was quite loud and the bar happened to be directly below our room. You would have thought that the band was in the room with us. I called the front desk and the person told me "Oh well" when I said the music was keeping my kids awake. I called the front desk at 1:30 in the morning when the music was still going strong and was told it was the restaurants responsibility. It finished around 2:00 am. Lets just say a night with no sleep does not make a happy family the next day. I spoke to the manager later she told me she would look into the matter and get back to me but she never did. I have stayed in Muskegon before but this was the first time at this hotel. It will definitely be the last. Find another place to stay, You will be glad you did..

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family