Holiday Inn Muskegon
$170
$148
AscendHotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores(Muskegon)(Great Value!)
$114
Seaway Motel(Muskegon)
$65
$60
  • Pool
All reviewssteam roomstreet grillrestaurant staffkids eat freewould stay here againclean roomsnice restaurantlake michiganfamily vacationgrand rapidsthermostatbreweryarena
Reviewed July 2, 2013

When I pulled up to the hotel I was very disappointed by the outside appearance. It was very dated. Inside the lobby was nice and the front desk staff were pleasant. I received a room on the 7th floor. The room was nicely decorated but there was a portable air conditioner with a big exhaust hose on it. I settled in for about 45 minutes but the air conditioner had a smell and it as not good. I called the front desk and they were able to switch me to a new room which was better smelling. She even gave me a couple free drink tickets for the bar. I met a coworker for dinner at the bar/restaurant. Wait staff was very friendly and the food was great.
The only other comments regarding the room was that the bathroom was very tiny! Also my wake-up call did not happen. I always set my alarm clock too but it old have been bad.

Room Tip: You might a glimpse of the bay if you are high enough up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PamelaSueB
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear PamelaSueB,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. It is very nice to know that you liked the food that was served and found the desk staff pleasant. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. This issue will be addressed immediately. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I travel for business most of the time and don't require luxury, just safety and convenience, plus modest cost. This hotel fulfilled my requirements. It is easily-accessed from major roads, not hard to find, has adequate parking (some of it is underground). The facility is dated but clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My membership status got certificates for free breakfast at the restaurant, which was very good, and a discount for other meals. The restaurant menu was good and the food was modestly-priced and of good quality. The room was quiet, clean, roomy. Only downer was that the water pressure in the shower was anemic; fifth floor room probably didn't help that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank n9jfpoppy
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just happened to read the review before mine from 5/25 and I would bet the same woman that was rude to his party also checked me in. We checked in after 10pm and somebody earlier summed it up....she wasn't rude, but she wasn't welcoming at all. You would think a requirement to working the front desk would be somebody that has a pleasant, warm attitude. On the other hand, when we checked out Sunday morning both of the ladies at the front desk was everything the previous employee wasn't.

But anyways, on to the rest of the stay. Something I always look for first is the parking situation. This property has plenty of parking right next to it and also across the street and they don't charge which is a good thing. Walking in the lobby is very nice and it really gets your hopes up that your room will be that nice. The property is a bit dated and the room reflects that. It was clean but very average looking.

I got the room off of Priceline and would never consider paying full price thru the actual hotel. One night was enough for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank banjo60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear banjo60,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding the front desk is very much appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you would give us a chance to show what we have done.

Connie D

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here during a get away weekend that we were really looking forward to. I was rather disappointed to find my platinum status wasn't necessarily recognized to the extent it is at other hotels we stay at. The room was definitely dated and the bathroom was very small. The desk staff were friendly, but several members of the wait staff were down right rude, to the point we nearly checked out after a rather rude exchange with a woman working in the restaurant. The true shining stars of this hotel is Karen working in the restaurant and Travis working in the bar. These two individuals made up for the other rather poor staff and rooms that I considered sub par for Holiday Inn

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gregw357

Dear gregw357,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I have taken note of your kind comments towards Karen and Travis. These have been forwarded to their respective departments for commendation.

It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. In this regard, I am truly disappointed to read of the shortcomings you experienced and the less than satisfactory service you received from some of our staff.

Please be assured that each of the points you've raised in this review will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly.

Joel B

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Lets start off by saying the looks of the place are top notch! That's where it stops! I have never had this bad an experience at ANY Holiday Inn! We arrived to find our bathroom sink full of water, backed up! That night the smoke alarm went off for no apparent reason. Every 30 minutes it blared until I finally got up & disconnected it from the wall! The next morning I took the smoke alarm down to the desk where I handed it directly to the maintenance man. He assured me that it would be taken care of. Guess what happened the next night? EXACTLY! Every half an hour again! Once again I disconnected the smoke alarm & brought it downstairs!

Saturday night (5-25-13) we had a party of 8 in the bar having a great time! At Midnight a woman entered the bar & told the bartender that this is last call. The bartender asked if he could stay open because of the big crowd enjoying themselves. She said NO! I actually walked up to her & said we are in from out of town & this entire party is here with us. The party had now grown to 12. She said no. We are closed.

So now not only did we have our night cut short but the hotel lost out on tons of revenue not to mention the Keno betting that we were doing!

Just a sad experience all the way around! NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joseph M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Muskegon, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Joseph M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G