“A bit of a dissapointment for a Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Muskegon
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Muskegon
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“A bit of a dissapointment for a Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived in the Muskegon area on July 6th. (holiday weekend) Everything was booked but we ended up finding a room here. Of course they gouged us on the price! ($200.00). Room was fairly clean except for a very old Jacuzzi tub that was caulked very poorly. Why is this always the case???? Wallpaper in bathroom was poorly repaired. Countertop was also old and needed replaced.
This is one of the reasons I prefer privately owned hotels. Usually the owners will negotiate a better rate if they feel sorry for you! Corporate ones jack it up on you and say "good luck finding another place to stay!"
Outdoor pool was broken the entire weekend!

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a wonderful time and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful! We would definitely recommend this hotel. The hotel is in a great location. Very nice indoor pool and game area. We are going to bring our children back here soon so that they can enjoy the pool. The hot continental breakfast was very nice!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeremy G
Riverview
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Whenever I go out of town I always look for a Choice Hotel. I always have been very pleased with their cleanliness, front desk service, and the free breakfast in the morning is always fresh with a variety of food to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P
Roseville, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Outdoor pool had no water. Bar was not open. No "free" popcorn. Cereal at breakfast was stale and other items was not stocked promptly, you had to constantly ask for things. Charged us for some elses room and never gave us a receipt the next morning, we found out when we were asking for the manager. Someone puked in the pool and peed in the jacuzzi so they had to close it. They did not tell the guests, they just locked the area. They claimed to have shocked the pool and it would be ready in 2 hours...an hour later they were shocking the pool so it was closed for the night. The kids couldn't swim that night. They said a manager was coming in the next morning to give us a $40 credit voucher and she never showed. There is no privacy from the bathroom to the rest of the room in a jacuzzi suite. The jacuzzi/shower is between the bathroom and the beds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Muskegon, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been hosting events at this Comfort Inn for the last 4 years and things are looking up! The new management is top notch and willing to go the extra mile to make sure each guest is comfortable and that their stay is memorable. The staff is polite and is always willing go help! Keep up the great work! I look forward to my future events!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pam J
Holton, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I checked in and asked the lady at the desk if I could request a late check out the next lady because we where going to be in town for a while. She said that she latest I could get was noon. I told her that I was a Choice Privileges Member. She said unless I was a Diamond, Platinum or a Gold member I could get a 1pm check out. I'm sorry but any CP Member gets as late as 2pm. Another thing was I was asked to go put my shoes on when I went to get breakfast. I was taken back because who wears shoes to go get breakfast anymore plus the lady that told me to put them on was rather rude about it. So I take my son and we but shoes on. When I was finally able to go to breakfast there was kids running around with no shoes and other adults that had no shoes on also. The bathroom fixtures need replacing also, they didn't shine anymore. The pool area was so hot that the pool was like bath water and what hotel doesn't open their pool until 10am on a Sunday. Needless to say I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sammayp
Custer, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

First off we made a reservation online for a first floor room, they wanted us to have a second floor one. The tv in our room was stuck in letterbox on every channel, and worst of is the wireless internet didn't work! The staff was only willing to give us another room two days into our three day stay! Breakfast was good, and overall the staff was nice! Get your wireless working better and have more responsive staff when an problem is brought up!!

Room Tip: Be very clear what you want when you reserve a room. If you assume you will probably not like what...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple